Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

13 minutes ago, Padders said:

Horrible isn't it Linda, if its any consolation it's common round Shiregreen and district.

Sheds broken into, bikes stolen, shoplifting in local shops, muggings, burglaries, sometimes in broad daylight.

Trust me, your not alone....

Go on then Padders, prove to me there are aliens out there!😀
echo.

4 hours ago, linda 1 said:

Honestly what is this world turning into.. I have 2 bolts on my gates but I also have a bottom bolt that I put on when Buddy is in the garden so it's not always on.. so I went into the garden and the gate was open it was pulled together but it wasn't bolted.. Strange no post been and I always check the gates.. after looking round I've found the new solar lights I put out only 2 day's ago have gone.. so now all the bolts have to go on after the post has been.. I think this word is a bad place now.. what with my daughter getting shot yesterday and thieves  walking around I've had lights in my garden for over 20 years with no problem.. It's hard to trust anyone for me as it is without something else happening.. I know It's not a big deal but it is really things should be safe on your own property

I'm so sorry to hear your news Linda. We can't have anything nice without some low life wanting to get their grubby little fingers on things. It's happening all over the place so don't think it's only happening to you.  They are not picking on you as a person, just can't keep off other people's belongings. You take care x

2 hours ago, Meltman said:

I'm so sorry to hear your news Linda. We can't have anything nice without some low life wanting to get their grubby little fingers on things. It's happening all over the place so don't think it's only happening to you.  They are not picking on you as a person, just can't keep off other people's belongings. You take care x

the way I'm feeling with everything that's happened over the past few years I'm thinking would it be better if I moved somewhere new.. only problem is buddy this garden is really secure he cant get out.. down the Rd across on Langsett  main Rd there is some flats and we once had the police here years ago and they told us they was for the Neighbours from hell that's been evicted for whatever reason and got no where to go, so we go through bad patches because after a while they are rehoused and move on.. so it's possible they was from there because whoever it was had to be going in that direction because you can only see into my garden coming down the Rd.. I've stood looking out of the bedroom window in the middle of the night around 3 o clock and they come out on push bikes at that time.. so what are they up to at that time of night. I had a problem once before with some lads from there but that time I actually had a really good camera in my hand so as they ran across to the flats I took their picture it was a real clear picture of them.. the police said well this is a first taking a photo of them. they couldn't get out of that and I got a visit and a apology from the people involved but only because they was caught.. I even had a dog tied to my fence with all it's belongings from there.. maybe it's time for me to go.. I honestly don't know what to do for the best. 

I don't know what to suggest Linda. I've heard of people moving because of their situation and finding things worse,  also some people find a better place, so I guess it's a bit of a gamble. Good luck to you and I hope everything goes well, whatever you decide to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meltman said:

I don't know what to suggest Linda. I've heard of people moving because of their situation and finding things worse,  also some people find a better place, so I guess it's a bit of a gamble. Good luck to you and I hope everything goes well, whatever you decide to do. 

I've lived here in this house for 48 years so yes It's a big thing to move.. I think if things had not been so bad the last few years maybe I wouldn't be feeling like this.   I'll give it some serious thought before jumping in feet first. thank you for your help

• Like 2

so I've just been out and moved anything I don't want lifting, but will leave the bottom bolt on so in the morning if the top catch and bolt is off means I've had another visit.. I've got a big stone fountain if they can lift it they can have it, it took 3 people to get it in and it's electric so they'll end up with a shock in more ways than one.. my daughter has just offered to take me out next Wednesday so that will be a nice change.. buddy can't go as the 2 dogs don't get on so only a short break but it's better than nothing.. I've picked up my knitting needles after years and made some baby clothes for someone in Canada. she liked them very much .I like anything to do with craft.. technical stuff is ok but I'd rather be hands on doing something rather than staring into a screen. It upsets my eye condition.. Life's too short to just sit about doing nothing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 14/08/2024 at 19:16, linda 1 said:

I've lived here in this house for 48 years so yes It's a big thing to move.. I think if things had not been so bad the last few years maybe I wouldn't be feeling like this.   I'll give it some serious thought before jumping in feet first. thank you for your help

Hi Linda, time we had an update.

Are you ready for the winter months?  I'm not.

How's the garden keeping and most of all how is Buddy?

Hope your well and active, give us a shout Linda...

• Like 1

On 14/08/2024 at 19:16, linda 1 said:

Come to Barnsley lass you be reyt here .

On 01/10/2024 at 12:51, Padders said:

Hi Linda, time we had an update.

Are you ready for the winter months?  I'm not.

How's the garden keeping and most of all how is Buddy?

Hope your well and active, give us a shout Linda...

Hello.. unfortunately Buddy not been well, so vet trips again. he's been on steroid tablets and injections then on Saturday he was so sick I thought it might have been the emergency vets. But they charge in the region of £500 , when he's feeling bad he chews his feet so he's now got 3 sore feet, he's also got inflamed ears so ear drops I couldn't believe it when she charged £50 for them. on a bad day I do think how long can I do this for but I took him on and I'm responsible for his care.. the garden is still full of dahlias but I think the cold is starting to get to them now. spring bulbs are also out now. I keep going out to tidy it up, It's my escape from thinking about the stressing things I have going on.. roof still not fixed buddy's making sure of that. lol. I suppose things could be worse but not sure how.  I'm not too bothered about the winter but I don't like it going dark early. Buddy is really good company and I think my life without him would be a bit much to cope with. to be honest the worst thing I can do is think backwards so just live for today. I hope you are keeping well and stress free. thank you for thinking of us it's much appreciated.