Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

4 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

our school was behind the ice rink and bowling alley we used to get out of school over the wall at dinner and teachers used to fetch us back. detention for that. so funny looking back on it

Which school was that Linda?

yes, opposite Granville collage. catholic school so plenty of nuns and priests around, there was an actual chapel inside the school. so, no escaping that every week

we had to go to confession as well before mass. it was a nightmare every week.. 

• Haha 1

but my favourite memories are at weekends me and dad use to go horse riding and fishing no matter the weather we were there every week. I absolutely loved it. dam flask fishing and watching the yachts sailing. my grandkids don't seem to do anything really, they've always got their face buried behind a screen. and the favourite holiday place for us was Bridlington in a caravan,

• Like 1

does anyone Rember Kershaw's fish men they used to go the round pubs selling shellfish, well my dad worked for them he had big black push bike with a basket on it.  he went round Attercliffe pubs he always used to bring me a bag of something home. he fell off one year in the ice and snow he said there was fish all over the rd. So funny:banana:

Edited by linda 1

1 minute ago, linda 1 said:

does anyone Rember Kershaw's fish men they used to round pubs selling shellfish, well my dad worked for them he had big black push bike with a basket on it.  he went round Attercliffe pubs he always used to bring me a bag of something home. he fell off one year in the ice and snow he said there was fish all over the rd.:banana:so funny

Kershaws fish men, wow!

remember them, used to come round Bellhouse WMC with his basket about 9pm.

Keep the memories coming Linda.

we sometimes used to bring our catch home if they were big enough. he once brought a huge pike home put it into the kitchen sink and the tap was dripping and it came round, it was jumping round our kitchen with mom panicking. he once took me sea fishing I went green. so never again dry land after that.