Sheffielder Guide To Russia

Originally posted by Sally

Hi Vovakr

This is really interesting, it sounds like a beautiful place I 'd love to see the historical buildings. I think I'd like to see Russia during the winter I imagine it would be most striking then.

Thanks and keep posting .........please!

Sally

Thank you Sally and everyone else having an interest for this thread.

Well I try to be as open with you as possible -- you may have heard about this recent attack in Moscow' underground... I know safety is a very important point to everyone deciding to visit Russia. And we are concerned with it for the same level, and may be even more.

This worries me a lot, how people would consider going to Russia now. But this is something extraordinary leaving us in a mess, as we are not used to things going that way. Thankfully it is not common, bearing in mind all the collisions of current political and economical situation in the world.

And I hope this wouldn not put you off really. Life goes on, but now may be just with more attention on the security aspect. Sorry I may seem rather complicated, but there's things that are hard to say with ease.

Vovakr.

The underground attack hasnt put me off visiting russia in the future. I (and others hopefully) that russia is a genrally friendly place, as well shown by Vovakr here! :)

Infact id like to go and see the stations, they are quite possibly the most ornate and beautiful underground stations in the world!

Archived