Bigotry, Intolerance towards those with different opinions

I think it's a total red herring to persue this example with Mr Brown - in doing so we're looking at one man's interpretation of what someone else said, which isn't really a sound basis for deciding what 'bigoted' means in practice.

Sorry I only used it as an example because it’s the only example of an intelligent man using the word that I could think of.

I assume BG is intelligent but this may be debatable. :D

Sorry I only used it as an example because it’s the only example of an intelligent man using the word that I could think of.

I assume BG is intelligent but this may be debatable. :D

You said before that you used to be happy with the definition of bigoted as provided by Obelix -

"I don't like that person because they play loud music" Fair enough. Late at night that's a problem

"I don't like that person because they are Jamacian" (and the implicit assumption is that Jamacians always play reggae late at night while doing pot). That's bigotry.

Now you say you're not sure. Why not?

What changed your mind?

You said before that you used to be happy with the definition of bigoted as provided by Obelix -

"I don't like that person because they play loud music" Fair enough. Late at night that's a problem

"I don't like that person because they are Jamacian" (and the implicit assumption is that Jamacians always play reggae late at night while doing pot). That's bigotry.

Now you say you're not sure. Why not?

Its use on here, Gordon Browns use of the word, it just appears to be used to insult people with different opinions.

proper error?

i thought it was a bit of a pisstaking name for somebody you dint really like lol

The faster I post the more mistakes I make and I don't see the mistake until I read it back at a much later time, hence I edit my posts a lot. :)

Archived