Bigotry, Intolerance towards those with different opinions

I'm talking to you, I won't be talking about you behind your back because I'm not intolerant of you and I enjoy our discussions. :)

He on the other hand couldn't get away from her quick enough and then he talked about her behind her back, he appeared to be intolerant of her.

Maybe you mutter something rude as you walk away from the computer, without a sky microphone on your collar we'll never know.

She didn't have an attitude towards immigrants, she just asked him a question, and he would most definitely not have shouted her down in public, no matter how intolerant he was.

He wouldn’t have talked about her behind her back if he had been tolerant of her opinion, he appeared to like her until she asked him that question, then he demonstrated his dislike of her behind her back.

Disliking someone isn't intolerance, even if you're two faced about it.

Maybe you mutter something rude as you walk away from the computer, without a sky microphone on your collar we'll never know.

But that would be a way of demonstrating intolerance towards you and I'm not an intolerant person. :)

The fact he demonstrated his intolerance behind her back instead of to her face makes him a two faced bigot.

We are intolerant if we reject or dislike people because they are different, e.g. of a different religion, different socioeconomic status, or have a different set of values.

Oh give over, this is patently nonsense.

So if you dislike a career criminal because of having a different set of morals then you are a bigot due to intolerance of the values of career criminals.

Surely this isn't what you believe?

Disliking someone due to different values can be entirely valid and is not intolerance.

Oh give over, this is patently nonsense.

So if you dislike a career criminal because of having a different set of morals then you are a bigot due to intolerance of the values of career criminals.

Surely this isn't what you believe?

Disliking someone due to different values can be entirely valid and is not intolerance.

Disliking someone or a group of people because of their actions is entirely different to disliking them because of their opinions, beliefs, religion, colour, race, status, or values.

Theology: Prejudice- Islamic Perspective

Tolerance.

We are intolerant if we reject or dislike people because they are different, e.g. of a different religion, different socioeconomic status, or have a different set of values.

People who respect others as individuals, (instead of labeling them according to the group they belong to), are the people who show reason, justice and tolerance when dealing with others. These are people who respect humanity as a whole, who honor life.. everyone's life.

Tolerance means accepting other people just as they are, even if their beliefs differ from your own. It means seeing that someone else is different from you - and then saying that the difference is OK. It means treating other people the way you would want to be treated.

Making negative comments about immigration does not make someone a bigot, being intolerant of someone who makes negative comments could make you a bigot ......let's think about the argument logically.

If I comment on the fact that a few Polish drivers have caused fatal accidents by driving the wrong way in the UK, am I being a bigot or am I just someone who has concerns ?

Disliking someone or a group of people because of their actions is entirely different to disliking them because of their opinions, beliefs, religion, colour, race, status, or values.

The ones I highlighted I completely disagree with. Opinions, beliefs and values are closely linked to actions.

You didn't answer my question about career criminals though, are you bigoted against them, or is it okay to dislike all people that believe that theft is okay?

If it is okay to dislike that, then how is it different to any other belief or system of values?

I dislike people who are racist, that doesn't make me a bigot, I disagree strongly with their opinions and values to the point where I dislike them. Whether they take actions or not following on from their beliefs doesn't alter my feelings. (Not that I'm saying that anyone was racist in the example you've been using).

Making negative comments about immigration does not make someone a bigot, being intolerant of someone who makes negative comments could make you a bigot

No, it couldn't. Intolerance of an individual is not bigotry.

It could make you wrong, but that's it.

......let's think about the argument logically.

If I comment on the fact that a few Polish drivers have caused fatal accidents by driving the wrong way in the UK, am I being a bigot or am I just someone who has concerns ?

Impossible to say from such a statement.

But if (for example) I jumped to the conclusion that you were a racist bigot it wouldn't make me a bigot, it might just make me a bit of an idiot for jumping to conclusions.

Archived