Why do some people give their kids daft names

I'm in two minds about this.

Our first child is due in Feb and if it's a boy we're calling him Eoghan which may be a bit odd in Sheff but perfectly normal in Ireland where my wife family is from.

I do object to things like the story I heard of a family calling their child Adolf Hitler (the authorities removed said child), I think it depends on context, naming a child after a pop star/football wouldn't be my cup of tea but there's nothing 'wrong' with it.

On a more amusing note my dad was at school with a girl called Anette Curtin.

Our first child is due in Feb and if it's a boy we're calling him Eoghan which may be a bit odd in Sheff but perfectly normal in Ireland where my wife family is from.

I do object to things like the story I heard of a family calling their child Adolf Hitler (the authorities removed said child), I think it depends on context, naming a child after a pop star/football wouldn't be my cup of tea but there's nothing 'wrong' with it.

Eoghan is an unusual name - but it is a name (with a meaning and history) . I like it.

..........the names that I admitted to having an inward cringe at are the made up ones : Sahzneys, Rebkas, Dazeey (they nearly always have a z or k in them) .the worse once are the combinations of two names ; so Sam and Kylie becomes Sylie.

Was he any good at pulling birds then?

The funniest ones are the occupational names that Yanks seem to love. If Mason or Tyler is an acceptable first name, why not Plumber or Joiner or Electrician?

Eoghan always makes me think of the guy out of Ghostbusters.

We already have them,Chopper Harris, Masher Bates,and Judge Dread.

Eoghan PaliRichard will go well together.:clap:

• 3 months later...

Archived