Dripping breadcakes

docmel

Just looking at a couple of threads re 'food from the past'

one of my favourite foodie memories was calling off at Malin Bridge Cafe (late 60's ) and getting a dripping breadcake - lovely brown jelly and plenty of salt - can taste it even now

I guess as so few places roast their own joints now you cant get them any more - s'pose its a good thing as they are instant artery blockers!

Does any one else have fond memories of these delicious but oh so deadly savoury treats?

...one of my favourite foodie memories was calling off at Malin Bridge Cafe (late 60's ) and getting a dripping breadcake...Does any one else have fond memories of these delicious but oh so deadly savoury treats?
Yep - very fond memories of dripping cakes in Daubney's café, in those far-off days when we didn't worry about cholesterol and saturated fats. I could just eat one now....:)

Yep - very fond memories of dripping cakes in Daubney's café, in those far-off days when we didn't worry about cholesterol and saturated fats. I could just eat one now....:)

Me too! My mum came from a poor family and had brekkie at school.It was a mug of cocoa and bread and dripping every morning.Mums about to turn 90yrs old....food for thought i think..:)

Archived