Does smoking THC kill?

Zer0

Just curious. A friend of mine recently started smoking cannabis and is now in the hospital with suspected lung failure.

"Suspected lung failure?" no such thing me old mate. Heart Failure, yes, lung failure, no.

You might be referring to a suspected punctured lung - which is a different thing altogether. Or it could be that your mate has COPD - obstruction of the airways. But lungs don't fail and just pack up - not of their own accord.

Smoking any substance can cause lung damage though.

It would be easier to OD on pure THC than it would be cannabis.

If smoking it, one would pass out before Overdosing, unless you devised a way of ingest a copious amount all at once. Depending uon how it was administered it might not be the THC that would kill you, more so the lack of oxygen.

i dont think theres 1 single case of thc killing anybody, you generally pass out and go into a deep sleep before you could even think about oding.

smoking can kill obviously, both as we know by cancer etc and other respiratory diseases

and i suppose there could also be a possiblity of smoke inhalation interfering with your respiratory system

Archived