Deleting sheffield forum

When I read the OP I assumed he meant actually removing any trace of your usernames existence on the forum.

SF is often one of the top results on google - and if searching for my username I get loads of hits.

If, for some reason, I wanted to disassociate myself from all posts made, then this is what Medusa was explainibng couldn't be done - while retaining the integrity of the threads in question.

Of course changing the name on the account would disassociate the username from posts - but wouldn't actually remove the posts themselves, so it could quite easily be worked out what the new name is.

Maybe the question really is that we should think about what we post on the net and actually how permanent it may be!

Whenever we remove a post it's not just about removing the initial incidence of the post, we also have to remove quotes, answers and discussions which are reliant on that post and leave the thread making sense to people who then read the thread in the future.

This is a big problem, threads can soon become nonsensical when replies to them are removed.