Long-standing friend has turned bitter on me..

Why does digital media turn people into lynch mobs?

How old is this friend? Has she suddenly become hormonal for some reason?

Is their business actually struggling, and she's under extreme stress?

Is she actually waiting for you to say 'what's your problem?'

Are you actually a friend to her, or just somebody she knows? ;)

I mean going to the courts before speaking to the person. As far as I can make out, they haven't refused to repay the money, and this may not be the underlying issue.

I still don't think its the core problem in American society. I'd dispute the idea that there even is a single core problem.

Ambulance chasers, no win/no fee "where there's blame there's a claim" merchants, and vexatious litigants are ills in society, but going to the small claims court is none of those things.

it is always difficult when friendships go through sticky patches, but if you have been friends for such a long time then I really would recommend sitting down and explaining that her recent comments / actions have made you unhappy - she may be blissfully unaware that she has caused any offence.

In my opinion good friendships are few and far between - destroyed very easily in a suprisingly short time. I'd urge you not to throw it away before talking things through - 12 years is a long time.

Good luck, hope everything works out, whatever you decide

it is always difficult when friendships go through sticky patches, but if you have been friends for such a long time then I really would recommend sitting down and explaining that her recent comments / actions have made you unhappy - she may be blissfully unaware that she has caused any offence.

In my opinion good friendships are few and far between - destroyed very easily in a suprisingly short time. I'd urge you not to throw it away before talking things through - 12 years is a long time.

Good luck, hope everything works out, whatever you decide

^^^what he said. Best answer on here so far. :)

As said if not bothered about the money just forget her and don't bother anymore. If she contacts you to find out why you are not communicating, tell her you were fed up of her attitude and snide comments. It might make her think about her actions but I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

Friends love you despite your faults - if she won't sit down and talk about the issues, or blows up about them and storms off then sod her. She wasn't a friend to start with. however you are going to have to confront her about it to find out I'm afraid which is never nice to do.

Archived