Long-standing friend has turned bitter on me..

It might be worth giving her the opportunity to put her side across? She might be under the impression that you have done something wrong (I'm not saying you have!), and you'll never find out what she thinks it is unless you ask. On the other hand, perhaps she is going through something really bad herself and she's making herself feel better by transferring the negativety over to you.

Who knows? At least if you try to find out what's going on you can say you've done the right thing, you never know you might be able to help.

If it doesn't work, THEN you can get rid and get on with your life.

Hope things work out though.

thanks for all the replies everyone.

To answer a few questions - we've known each other 12 years, up until this year - we always got on really well, she can be sarcastic but now she's turned pure evil.

she's 47, 5 years older than me, she has a highly paid job which she loves, her husbands business is doing great, there's definitely no financial worries for them, it's nothing to do with that.

As for hormones - yeah it could be, never thought of that - it could be, but then I'm still grieving the loss of someone very close, you'd think she'd at least try and be nice once in a while wouldn't you? I wouldn't do to anyone what she's been doing to me to anyone, it's awful.

As for sitting down and having it out with her - well to be honest it's gone on for too long for my liking, and I'm now at the point where I just can't be bothered, and I now honestly feel it'd be no great loss if she was out of my life.

It was exactly two years this saturday since we lost that loved one, she knows that date very well, she was the ONLY friend to not even bother sending us a message. What does that tell you ?

xx

..just remembered a phrase someone once said..

there are two types of friends on this earth - radiators and bleeders.

radiators give (emotionally)

bleeders take and drain you emotionally (and financially at times)

luckily I still have a very good friend who is a radiator :)

If money were not involved, I would say just forget about them and just let it fizzle out. I know you say you are not bothered about the money, but I think if you just wrote it off, it would eat away at you and you would feel very bitter.

I would try and get my money back first, maybe even write them a letter, and then drop them like a hot brick!

A similar thing happened to us a few years ago, though the "friends" didnt owe us money. She turned very nasty and sarcastic for no apparent reason. It was hard at first, but now I don't miss her at all, I have loads of friends and better of without her.

Could it be that she is trying to fall out with you, to avoid paying the cash she owes you?

Good Luck!

Are you sure everything is ok in her life just because she has a high paid job and well off hubby does not mean their relationship is doing well. Sounds to me as though there could be something more going on here in her personal life (not that its an excuse to act like a bitch) I would try and talk to her first before just walking away.

I had a friend turn on me a few years ago which was very upsetting, didn't speak for a few years then she contacted me out of the blue and explained that she had been diagnosed with a mental illness which had been causing her to act irrationally, we are now really good friends again.

If talking to her won't solve anything, could your hubby have a chat with hers - if that doesn't work (after saying you didn't have them down as people who would cheat you (or scroungers!) then I don't think a solicitor's one off letter would cost much

Archived