Government considering a benefits freeze for 2 years.

Benefits freeze for 2 yrs,is is the right thing to do?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Benefits freeze for 2 yrs,is is the right thing to do?

• yes
    • no
    • dont care

mmm bit different when you are on £65000 plus a year,they ought to try JSA for a couple of yrs,they might change their minds.

I full well remember when I was out of work on JSA and its a very hard existence,its not like how its portrayed in the Sun you know.

You see now I am in work I dont think im alright jack like some do and this government needs to stop picking on the vulnerable.

They are not picking on the voulnerable.

They are trying to stop the ever spiraling welfare bill that us working people including yourself are having to fund year on year.

Someone explain to me why exactly there should be an automatic benefit increase every year when wages have and will be stagnant for years.

Why do those on benefits feel they deserve an increase. Why do those on benefits feel they are struggling anymore than the rest of us.

We can all pick out those few on high salaries but its hardly going to change anything. Someone on £65,000 a year or £65,000 a week still WORKS for their money. Whether you think they deserve it or not is a different matter.

The fact is those working people whether they are on 6k or 600k a year will have to perform appropraitely, apply and negotiate for an increase either directly or indirectly to their employer.

What exactly do those on benefits do for their increases again??

I for one dont mind some of my direct and indirect taxation going to help those more vulnerable than I am - I have a feeling its called "civilisation" , or is it "decency"?

After all, all working people also receive plenty of benefit from tax spending - Unless they use no public service whatsoever

How about a rent freeze on council properties, particularly on commercially ones, which go up each year rain or shine regardless of market conditions ?

Wouldn't that be nice, you know encourage someone to start their own business or expand. Nope. Rent up, which in turn pushes private rent up, which in turn leaves alot of commercial properties empty.

I for one dont mind some of my direct and indirect taxation going to help those more vulnerable than I am - I have a feeling its called "civilisation" , or is it "decency"?

After all, all working people also receive plenty of benefit from tax spending - Unless they use no public service whatsoever

I get it but it still does not really address the issue.

If wages dont rise... the amount of money into taxation doesn't rise... so they money incoming into the pot stays the same.

However, benefits increased year on year.

So.... Where did that extra money come from? What was being cut to fund the rising costs of the welfare bill?

If everyone's income goes up. Fine. Until that happens I still dont see why benefit claimants should automatically get an increase. Nobody has yet produced anything to try and persuade me othewise.

Why do some people keep posting the same old rubbish ??? The treasury has more tax reciepts due to price rises, increased VAT etc. Income is each individuals problem. If one dosent get salary increases then one is simply in the wrong job...............or perhaps one is simply not worth a salary increase, or is already overpaid ??

Where do people think the money is going to come from, eh?

There's not an endless pot!

If we want to give immense tax cuts to the rich and ensure they are getting richer and richer, that money has to come from somewhere. I mean who is more deserving? Russell Brand, Jonathon Ross, Philip Green, or someone who hasn't worked for years (albeit a qualified Dr has diagnosed they are unfit to). It's time to stop the greedy scroungers, is what I say.

I get it but it still does not really address the issue.

If wages dont rise... the amount of money into taxation doesn't rise... so they money incoming into the pot stays the same.

You forget....if prices rise, so does the VAT the government recieves.

The government decides to slap 2p or whatever on fuel duty?

Of course the "pot" increases.

Where do people think the money is going to come from, eh?

There's not an endless pot!

If we want to give immense tax cuts to the rich and ensure they are getting richer and richer, that money has to come from somewhere. I mean who is more deserving? Russell Brand, Jonathon Ross, Philip Green, or someone who hasn't worked for years (albeit a qualified Dr has diagnosed they are unfit to). It's time to stop the greedy scroungers, is what I say.

Ha Ha !! many a true word.......:hihi::hihi:

Archived