Why are Extroverts more successful than introverts

I would say extroverts are more confident, willing to take risks, have an ability to bounce back and not overly reflective. They're also more likely to be a pain in the neck. I usually associate introversion with neurosis and someone who's over anxious shy timid isn't likely to be successfull.

I think most people are a mixture of the two

I would say extroverts are more confident, willing to take risks, have an ability to bounce back and not overly reflective. They're also more likely to be a pain in the neck. I usually associate introversion with neurosis and someone who's over anxious shy timid isn't likely to be successfull.

I think most people are a mixture of the two

You probably ought to change your association then.

From this article on the Beeb site:

contrary to popular opinion, introverts are not necessarily shy or anti-social, they just prefer environments that are not over-stimulating and get their energy from quiet time and reflection.

Conversely, extroverts need to be around other people to recharge their batteries.

Archived