Save our Badgers

When Labour were in office they had a vaccination programme in place. When Tories came in they scrapped it and decided to cull instead

When Labour was in they had an ad hoc programme of vaccination.

Why only immunise part of the TB reservoir and why immunise badgers carrying it and why not record and detail the badgers that had been immunised.

Oh i know why 'cos they didn't really care but the immunisation programme looked good.

already done. Why bother doing scientific studies and talking to experts if you then ignore all their advice in favour of farmers who really don't understand how things like this are transmitted:huh:

Particularly when it sounds like they do have a vaccine-although I am a bit confused about that because the bbc have had people on saying "there already is a vaccine" and "there is no current vaccine".

There is a vaccine for badgers, but it requires that they be trapped (and not have TB already) to be used. Trapping is expensive.

There is no (approved) vaccine for cattle, there is a vaccine, but if it was used the animals couldn't be part of the human food chain anymore.

There is a vaccine for badgers, but it requires that they be trapped (and not have TB already) to be used. Trapping is expensive.

There is no (approved) vaccine for cattle, there is a vaccine, but if it was used the animals couldn't be part of the human food chain anymore.

surely trapping and vaccinating will be cheaper than this followed by an inevitable reintroduction program-if it is all about money which I disagree with anyway!

Archived