Sun melted my carpet. Has anyone else ever seen this?

I note you have not made any comment or indeed any attempt at refutation of the points I raised. As such I presume you accept them as truth, and I thank you for that.

BTW, this thread is about a carpet, and a sheet of glass acting as a lens, and the sun acting as an entire system. Your carpet may lie flat on the floor but it has fibres and tufts that stick straight up.

Making continual abusive posts in lieu of an actual argument may make you feel good btw - but it really means you've lost the argument as you don't have one to make.

Some news items for consideration...

http://www.esfrs.org/blackmuseum/magnifyingGlass.shtml

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1283933/Family-mansion-destroyed-freak-accident-paperweight-causes-fire.html

<awaits rejoinder about how wellyman knows everything whilst avoiding posting anything of real substance>

I note you have not made any comment or indeed any attempt at refutation of the points I raised. As such I presume you accept them as truth, and I thank you for that.

I have actally totally destroyed your argument it is just that you are too stupid to have realised it.

But I do love the claim that you are a lecturer. That had me splitting my sides.

Clearly a slack day at the university.

I have actally totally destroyed your argument it is just that you are too stupid to have realised it.

But I do love the claim that you are a lecturer. That had me splitting my sides.

Please don't let this thread degenerate into a slanging match. There's no need for it.

The thread is about someone havening what is to all intents and purpose a freak accident with a carpet melting because of sunlight through a bullseye pane of glass. So why get nasty about it?

I've never claimed to be a lecturer. I *give* lectures, but that doesnt mean that is my employment.

I take it you've not read the part of the article from sussex fire brigade - where they say it's more a winter problem with low latitude sun causing it?

Please don't let this thread degenerate into a slanging match. There's no need for it.

The thread is about someone havening what is to all intents and purpose a freak accident with a carpet melting because of sunlight through a bullseye pane of glass. So why get nasty about it?

Because it doesnt fit with his ideas. Once it appears to be a challenge to these ideas they get entrenched and since attack is the best form of defence he goes on the offensive. Sadly against the person rather than the argument. It's way too common sadly.

I just got back from returning my rugs. The retailer gave a full refund without quibble. Thanks for the contributions from those who didn't need to start their private crusade to fill their day. Not many folks realise you need to study for a physics degree before you can buy a carpet

I just got back from returning my rugs. The retailer gave a full refund without quibble. Thanks for the contributions from those who didn't need to start their private crusade to fill their day. Not many folks realise you need to study for a physics degree before you can buy a carpet

That's a brilliant retort!!!...Love it!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

As a matter of interest, what did you tell them? (please don't give me a scientific explanation!!!!..:hihi:)

Post #5 and #25 - you were the one that started a personal crusade and abuse - don't be forgetting that. Someone said something that you didn't like and you decided to abuse someone purely because of that. :roll:

Post #5 and #25 - you were the one that started a personal crusade and abuse - don't be forgetting that. Someone said something that you didn't like and you decided to abuse someone purely because of that. :roll:

I'm nonplussed...I was under the impression that it was obelix and wellyman that were discussing the finer points of physics, and untimately disagreed? :suspect::huh:

Archived