European Convention of Human rights

You should rejoice every time someone succeeds in bringing a case under Human Rights legislation because next time it could be you or one of your family/friends who has been the victim of the State.

So if someone murders your family or breaks in to your house its ok because they have the right to vote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18177776

All humans should have legal rights, you cant pick and choose who deserves

Sadly criminals will use any means to make their lives easier, doesnt mean we shouldnt have it

I'm sorry but convicted criminals are in prison because it's been shown that they cannot/will not live by the rules set by our society.

In my opinion in this instance if they cannot/will not live by our rules then they should have NO say OR be protected by them.

In my opinion in this instance if they cannot/will not live by our rules then they should have NO say OR be protected by them.

So if you're imprisoned for something minor, like repeatedly breaking the speed limit, you should have no legal protection from serial killers wanting to neaten up thier kill count tally charts?

Wouldn't this lawlessness amongst criminals just exaserbate the problem?

Or do you mean they should still be held to our rules, while not benefiting from them?

So if you're imprisoned for something minor, like repeatedly breaking the speed limit, you should have no legal protection from serial killers wanting to neaten up thier kill count tally charts?

Wouldn't this lawlessness amongst criminals just exaserbate the problem?

Or do you mean they should still be held to our rules, while not benefiting from them?

Firstly speeding shouldnt be minor it could and does kill people. Also my understanding is that people dont get imprisoned for speeding offences it must be very severe to get a custodial sentence. Especially as we have an over stretched prison population anyway.

People who speed deserve everything they get in my opinion.

Firstly speeding shouldnt be minor it could and does kill people. Also my understanding is that people dont get imprisoned for speeding offences it must be very severe to get a custodial sentence. Especially as we have an over stretched prison population anyway.

People who speed deserve everything they get in my opinion.

By minor, I mean compared to the prison population.

So in your opinion, someone caught one too many times speeding should be treated the same as someone who killed and raped 20 children?

By minor, I mean compared to the prison population.

So in your opinion, someone caught one too many times speeding should be treated the same as someone who killed and raped 20 children?

Yes as speeding kills. Its not a minor offence it has and will kill people. The solution to someone being caught too many times is to not speed. Its the same infuriation I have with people who oppose speed cameras. Obey the speed limit and its not a problem. Why cannot car drivers simply see this simple point rather than blaming everybody for them getting caught.

As for comparing them to rapists. The courts have decided that they should be denied their rights and that includes the right to vote. Why should people who have broken the law get given these rights.

Yes as speeding kills. Its not a minor offence it has and will kill people. The solution to someone being caught too many times is to not speed. Its the same infuriation I have with people who oppose speed cameras. Obey the speed limit and its not a problem. Why cannot car drivers simply see this simple point rather than blaming everybody for them getting caught.

As for comparing them to rapists. The courts have decided that they should be denied their rights and that includes the right to vote. Why should people who have broken the law get given these rights.

Because prisons are populated with people that society has failed - the disenfranchised, the poor, the illiterate - the people who've fallen to the bottom of the pile. They need a voice. Allowing them to vote goes some way to providing that.

Archived