European Convention of Human rights

Joking apart, but something has to be done, because there is no deterrant for this plague of scum, I have seen programmes on tv, like lock up ect, and the coppers come out with statements like, I'll just put him/ her in the custody sweet and take em some coffee and biscuits, and order their breakfast for in the morning, then they might go on holiday to a prison to do half their sentence where cells are like one bedroom flats, teles, dvd players, and the screws acting as waiters, this is why we have crime.:rant:

I agree that we should make conditions in prison so harsh that nobody would risk going back again. Taking their rights away whilst in prison would help greatly.

If they got beaten on a daily basis whilst in prison,they would quickly learn to stay out of trouble when they came out of prison as they would not wish to return.

Or, they would learn to become more violent in order to put people off beating them.

You can't expect people to come out of prison as normal law abiding humans if you've spent their entire time treating them as worthless scum.

Or, they would learn to become more violent in order to put people off beating them.

You can't expect people to come out of prison as normal law abiding humans if you've spent their entire time treating them as worthless scum.

If you have a dog and beat it over a period of time, it would quickly become afraid and nervous. It would not become more violent.

If they got beaten on a daily basis whilst in prison,they would quickly learn to stay out of trouble when they came out of prison as they would not wish to return.

do you think that really works? dont you think therell just get angrier and angrier with the system, do you think theyll just try and get better at not getting caught and maybe killing more people to get away?

my great great great grandad was a burglar and eventually murderer in victorian times, the harsh regime then didnt seem to stop him..........till he was hung lol

I'm not arguing for that I'm just syaing that if the European Convention of Human rights had its way they would have the freedom to vote. Which is why I think it should be scrapped in this country. Criminals are getting too many rights.

I have no real opinion on the right to vote. I don't think it will cause the entire political structure to collapse by giving a few more people the right to complain about the government.

However, the convention on human rights covers so much more than these minor things. Like the right to a fair trial, or the right to not be persecuted, or the right to life. Getting rid of the whole act because you don't agree with 0.0001% of it is stupid.

The human rights act has become like the HSE. Blamed for everything, but not actually the problem.

some do, depends on the dog

Well if it makes the prisoners more violent they should put all the violent ones in the same cell and simply push food and ciggies under cell the door for them to distribute amongst themselves.:)

If you have a dog and beat it over a period of time, it would quickly become afraid and nervous. It would not become more violent.

Depends on the dog. It's certainly not unheard of for dogs to violently turn on their owners.

And do you really think people like the guy who got imprisoned for joking on Twitter needs daily beatings to make him not want to go back?

Archived