Is the ultimate aim of everyone..

Birds

....to be a person of leisure? to gain wealth and/or a social position to allow one's self to pursue pleasurable social, cultural, and athletic hobbies or pasttimes, rather than employment?

It's certainly my aim; I can't say about anyone else.

Ever since I entered the "world of work" I made it my aim to find the easiest/laziest way of making the most possible money. Obviously the trade off is less earnings potential in favour of more free time to pursue the things you mentioned.

Here's the thing though - work seems less like work when you earn money from something you enjoy doing or are genuinely passionate about learning. It saddens me that so many people feel trapped in jobs they hate, working their tits off for a bunch of shareholders who seldom recognise your efforts or even results. I would rather take a pay cut and follow my passion, because I know eventually that burning passion will take me a lot further than trying to feign enthusiasm in a job I have little interest in outside the hours of 9-5.

If the country was structured differently we could all enjoy an excellent retirement. The country is structured by the ruling classes to keep people down and squabbling and fighting and bickering with each other. They are all attempting to escape the rat race. BUT, the ruling classes do all that they can to maintain the rat race, divide and rule/divide and conquer.

They have become experts at this and keep increasing their wealth at our expense. We are never together enough to address the real issues.

The ultimate aim of everybody should be to succeed in life by making the necessary sacrifices and putting in the necessary effort and hard work to achieve it. Not sit around moaning and complaining that it's an unfair world because others who succeeded have all the money.

The ultimate aim of everybody should be to succeed in life by making the necessary sactifices and putting in the necessary effort and hard work to achieve it not sit around moaning that it's an unfair worl because others who succeeded have all the money

Britain was invaded in 1066 and all the land was stolen. I want my share back.:cool:

Archived