Kid of steel: shirecliffe 1955-68

eastbank

if you attended shirecliffe nursery/infants then the juniors between 1959-67 i have a book coming out in october:

it tells of the fun we had playing on the tip, enjoying the pool at longley, the pictures saturday morning matinee, and just getting up to everything during this period.

during this period i spent time at my gran's in neepsend, happy days in deed....

will keep you posted when its released....

Oooo can't wait Eastbank. ;-) I wonder if we share the same memories ? Mr Mumby and Mr Thomas ?. The old air raid shelters we never dared go in .? Teeming and ladling ? Having to take a nap after lunch on those fold out beds in the nursery? Hot mugs of cocoa on a cold morning and plates of sliced up fruit in the afternoon ? Oh I hope you've got pics in there too? It's going on my Christmas list straight away :-)

Oooo can't wait Eastbank. ;-) I wonder if we share the same memories ? Mr Mumby and Mr Thomas ?. The old air raid shelters we never dared go in .? Teeming and ladling ? Having to take a nap after lunch on those fold out beds in the nursery? Hot mugs of cocoa on a cold morning and plates of sliced up fruit in the afternoon ? Oh I hope you've got pics in there too? It's going on my Christmas list straight away :-)

teeming and ladling in the water, playing in the sand, painting to our hearts content...the little bottle of milk...having a story read to us...

out in october.....and a celebration of the book in the birley in november...you are invited...happy days

Archived