Why does football make grown men act like children

Joining in? Chanting football songs?

Not something I or any other right thinking person would contemplate 'joining in with'.

What are you thinking?

Still no sign of any violence in the OP so your thinking is of potential events maybe you should stick to the facts of what did happen instead of what your "right thinking" mind considers might have happened.

Still no sign of any violence in the OP so your thinking is of potential events maybe you should stick to the facts of what did happen instead of what your "right thinking" mind considers might have happened.

Ok using your premise. Why would anyone want to join in singing songs calling Chelsea fans bar-stewards...or Huddersfield fans 'lady parts'?

Incidentally, it's also your supposition that it might attract others to join in the 'fun' (and I use that word advisedly)...According to the OP that didn't happen either!...So please don't lecture me on sticking to facts!

Ok using your premise. Why would anyone want to join in singing songs calling Chelsea fans bar-stewards...or Huddersfield fans 'lady parts'?

Incidentally, it's also your supposition that it might attract others to join in the 'fun' (and I use that word advisedly)...According to the OP that didn't happen either!...So please don't lecture me on sticking to facts!

I was using the example to point out how irrelevant to the actual facts your post is.

No violence occured in this event sorry if that upsets your "right thinking" mind.

Lots of things could have happened but they didn't so lets stick to the thread question and rellevant comparisons.

Things affect people differently I always wonder about grown women acting like teenagers about a tv series where vampires are having sex all the time or a book about a bloke bonking his young girlfriend and dominating her.

So, enlighten me. What relevance does your post here ^ have in relation to the original Post?

This is one of the reasons why I hate football. That and the antics of the jumped up, would be in prison if not on the pitch, players. You dont have to think much to like football and that is why so many of the fans are the way they are. If they had to understand complex rules or have an attention span that lasted longer than the half time whistle, amny would be watching other sports.

Obviously this does not apply to every player and fan, but this is my experience.

Still the thread's about how things make people behave and no violence has been involved.

There is potential for people to start joining in and everyone having a good time also.

Only if you sing from the same song sheet as them. I suspect if you asked them to join in your song of support for a different team the good time would quickly turn bad! Its a playground case of you dont support who I support so I dont like you neh neh ne neh neh :hihi:

Archived