Feathered Dinosaurs Drive Creationists Crazy

Interesting article:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2012/09/creationists_and_dinosaurs_answers_in_genesis_teams_with_dissident_scientists_to_deny_feathered_dino_fossil_record.html

Feathered Dinosaurs Drive Creationists Crazy

Biblical literalists are on a campaign to “take dinosaurs back.”

The dinosaurs of our childhood aren’t around anymore. The sluggish, swamp-bound pea-brains that haunted museum halls and trundled through picture books have been eviscerated by agile, hot-blooded, and, often, feathery dinosaurs that more accurately reflect what Tyrannosaurus rex and kin were actually like. What’s more, thanks to a heap of lovely fossils, we now know that even the most fearsome of the tyrant dinosaurs were closely related to the avian dinosaurs—the birds—that flit around our backyards today.

Creationists are on a campaign to “take dinosaurs back.” Earlier this year, the creationist crackpot Ken Ham, president of Answers in Genesis—the organization that established the fundamentalist funhouse called the Creation Museum—said, “Dinosaurs have been held hostage for decades” by his mortal enemy, the nefarious “secular humanists.” Ham is determined to appropriate dinosaurs for biblical literalists. (The organization’s website even sells a “We’re taking dinosaurs back!” bumper sticker.)

More here.

I love the fact that the creationists can twist the facts to fit their story up to a point, but then science is only allowed to go so far before it is outright dismissed so they can cling on to some carefully constructed fantasy.

"Birds of a feather stick together" ;)

No, really, I do. I was most put out when mini Jack's Rake started to tell me about allosaurus and so on but had never heard of brontosaurus. Then it slowly dawned on me that those pesky scientists had gone and changed their position on the discovery of new evidence.

Interesting article:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2012/09/creationists_and_dinosaurs_answers_in_genesis_teams_with_dissident_scientists_to_deny_feathered_dino_fossil_record.html

I love the fact that the creationists can twist the facts to fit their story up to a point, but then science is only allowed to go so far before it is outright dismissed so they can cling on to some carefully constructed fantasy.

If they want to bring back fethered creatures why not bring this one back. They probably believe it exists thats how mad they are.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/65/Big_Bird_-_Library_of_Congress%2C_Living_Legends%2C_Award_%26_Honors%2C_2000.jpg

Archived