Re compensation for spoilt holiday

nikita

anyone advise on this,We rented a private caravan in august on the primrose valley site for 4 adults 4children cost us £650.

When we arrived the caravan had a massive wet patch on the carpet and the caravan smelt like tomcats.

I phoned the owner he said he would send someone to look, The maintainance man from the site came and said the shower tray had a massive crack and that it had been reported by the owner the week before.

We had a crawling baby we dare not put her down and had to walk about with our shoes on because of the soggy carpet.

We phoned the owner and he said he would organise alternative accomadation for us which he did but primrose only had a 6 berth vacant and this was for the day after,also they said only 6 of us could stay in it.So we had one night in that awful van.

So we had to split up 2 of the men stayed in the stinky wet van and the women and kids stayed in the other.This really spoilt our holiday all the upset.And the second van was on the other side of the caravan site.

He (the owner) promised us some compensation for this after he had talked to his insurance, but now he is ignoring e mails and texts.

Any caravan owners out there what you you do if it was your caravan we had rented.

Am i being unreasonable.

You definately have a right to be upset, and the fact they are now ignoring your calls etc suggests that they know this but hope you go away. It also suggests they are scum bags and that you'll have a job getting anything off them without formal action. Go to citizens advice!

Isn't your contract with Primrose Valley Letting agents, Haven Leisure? Most owners use Haven as the letting agent and they are therefore Haven are responsible for the standard of the accommodation. The letting agent cleans the van before you arrive, makes sure there is a full inventory and the standard off accommodation is fit for purpose. You say a maintainance man came around, was he from the Park Facilities? If he was and they offered you alternate accommodation I would suggest that your contract is with Haven and they have the liability to pay compensation.

Isn't your contract with Primrose Valley Letting agents, Haven Leisure? Most owners use Haven as the letting agent and they are therefore Haven are responsible for the standard of the accommodation. The letting agent cleans the van before you arrive, makes sure there is a full inventory and the standard off accommodation is fit for purpose. You say a maintainance man came around, was he from the Park Facilities? If he was and they offered you alternate accommodation I would suggest that your contract is with Haven and they have the liability to pay compensation.

We rented it from him privately so i dont think Haven were the letting agents,

I think Haven were just being helpful letting us have the other van,the van owner paid for it ,he said he would claim it back from insurance.

He said he would tell the insurance we wanted some compensation but he hasnt been in touch.As yet.

When we arrived on the first day a cleaner was still in there ,we had to wait untill she finished.

She came out and went never mentioned any problems ,when we went in the smell was awful and the carpet had this large wet patch.

Archived