What should you be able to do on Social Security?

AWOL

I sort of got talking to a lady today. She seemed very restless and nervous. OK....I was sat on a bench taking the sun and she asked me to sell her a cigarette. She told me that she was waiting for an appointment at the DSS who were deciding whether to make her an emergency payment or not. She claimed that she had walked 3 miles to get there and would have to walk 3 miles home if they did not give her an emergency payment.

Should she be smoking if she cannot afford to keep herself?

Or is that a VERY HARSH viewpoint?:roll:

I really do not know where I stand on this , but I felt sorry for her and gave her a fiver.:(

I sort of got talking to a lady today. She seemed very restless and nervous. OK....I was sat on a bench taking the sun and she asked me to sell her a cigarette. She told me that she was waiting for an appointment at the DSS who were deciding whether to make her an emergency payment or not. She claimed that she had walked 3 miles to get there and would have to walk 3 miles home if they did not give her an emergency payment.

I really do not know where I stand on this , but I felt sorry for her and gave her a fiver.:(

Where was this?cant have been sheffield, as its been raining all day.It wasnt Gemma was it?

I think you behaved very nicely towards the distressed damsel,and supplying her with cigs would have been bad tactics.

Archived