Nick Clegg says 'sorry' about LibDems main election pledge!

Do you believe Nick Clegg is sorry?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe Nick Clegg is sorry?

• Yes
    • No

If I named one who had not lied would that exonerate this traitor who made his lie a major election pledge?

Well at the time he made the pledge he didn't know he was going to be part of a coalition goverment,he thought he was going to be the Prime Minister.:hihi:

As an election pledge, wouldn't it be conditional on actually winning the election?

Yes it would, just as it would be conditional on forming a part of government in a hung parliament.

If I promised that I would never stab anyone in the back, but then got into bed with the devil who coersed me into stabbing someone in the back with him, it would not make me innocent, as I never needed to sup with the devil in the first place.

Yes it would

Since no one can see the future, it seems trite to suggest he was lying then.

just as it would be conditional on forming a part of government in a hung parliament.

Not at all, a coalition means compromise. Since they're not a majority player it's fairly obvious that the majority of pledges won't be met unless there is consensus on the issue at hand.

Regardless, clearly the original pledge could never have been enacted without an outright win.

If I promised that I would never stab anyone in the back, but then got into bed with the devil who coersed me into stabbing someone in the back with him, it would not make me innocent, as I never needed to sup with the devil in the first place.

You exclude the possibility of someone else pushing your hand holding the knife, without your consent & against your will. Given the circumstances this seems more likely in this instance.

There seems to be no justification for saying he is definitely a lair.

Archived