Nick Clegg says 'sorry' about LibDems main election pledge!

Do you believe Nick Clegg is sorry?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe Nick Clegg is sorry?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not sure he will. Two universities in Sheffield so a whole bunch of students and lecturers who voted for him will twist the knife.

Has a deputy pm ever lost his seat at an election ?

He'll be re-elected ok. But not in Sheffield Hallam. He's already done a runner from the constituency. I don't expect him to stand here.

I think this whole issue is a non-story, or at least should be.

No party got a mandate to run the country and were therefore never in a position to deliver their manifesto in full. As the Conservatives and the Lib-Dems cobbled together a coalition, both would have to give up some of their intentions – it’s called compromise. IMO it is ridiculous to criticise Nick Clegg for not delivering on this promise, as he was never given the opportunity to deliver on it. Not enough people in the country voted for his party.

Nick clegg has apologised for the Lib Dems key manifesto pledge which promised to oppose all university tuition fee rises-

"It was a pledge made with the best of intentions – but we should not have made a promise we were not absolutely sure we could deliver."

I believe Clegg is the most sorry politician I have ever seen!

Do you believe him?

Nick Clegg is an apology. :gag:

So what would you have had him do under the circumstances, that wouldn't have made him a traitor in your view?

It's not a trick question, I'm genuinely interested in what you think the options were at the time.

What he could have done was agree to vote with whatever policies they agreed with and against those he didnt. He did NOT have to become part of the tory party

Nick clegg has apologised for the Lib Dems key manifesto pledge which promised to oppose all university tuition fee rises-

"It was a pledge made with the best of intentions – but we should not have made a promise we were not absolutely sure we could deliver."

I believe Clegg is the most sorry politician I have ever seen!

Do you believe him?

The only people who should appologise are nick cleggs parents.

Archived