Wedding at Wood Lane

We are planning on getting married at Wood Lane in Stannington March 2013 but have only just booked it.

Would like to know how people who have got married here organised the different elements and what they did?? (

Does anyone have any tips on having a wedding there? We are hoping to fit about 90 in for dining and know this will be a squeeze - has anyone else managed this amount and how did this go??

Need to hire table cloths and wondering where others who got married here got theirs from?

Sorry for all the questions, I won't use being a man as an excuse :)

90 will certainly be tight. If you are having a disco in the same room your guests will have to move tables away to make space for dancing.

You will need to arrange everything there yourself. The catering company you go with ought to be able to recommend some things for you. Some couples hire in a bar. Others bring lots of bottles.

Hey there,

I have visited woodlane and few times and photographed a wedding there a few months ago, 90 will be a tight fit but may be possible. The venue suits long thin trestle tables so more guests could be seated if they are squeezed together, there is also a second barn where additional people could be seated if necessary. It is completely separate so wouldn’t work for the majority of weddings though.

Have you looked into catering yet? PJ Taste have catered for the venue before and set up a BBQ outside which is great if you are looking to save costs, I have a feeling they may be able to provide table clothes as well.

Some photos from the wedding I covered can be seen here - http://www.tombramwell.co.uk/blog/preview-jenny-adele-wood-lane-countryside-centre/

Thanks Sergeantb,

Thinking of getting a marquee as well outside so this should help with spreading the numbers out in the evening and let the dancers dance (inside) and non-dancers....chill out in the marquee!

Photos look amazing by the way....off to see PJ taste next week to discuss menus and see what they can come up with...

If you're thinking of marquees, there's a company in Sheffield called Airspace Structures, who we worked with recently. They were really good to work with, and if you see their website, you'll see that an inflatable structure looks miles better than a marquee.

Plus when we had all our band lights up and running, with lasers etc, it looked amazing from outside apparently.

I DJ'ed there in a marquee earlier this year.

You must make sure you sort out electrical power requirements. There was no provision for an electric supply at all, I had to hire in a massive diesel generator with power distribution for my disco, my uplighting, the band and the mobile bar.

We enjoyed using Woodlane as our wedding venue this year.

We had 80 sit down along three tressal rowed tables and it was just right any more would have been stretching it.

A Marquee is a good idea to extend the venue. We used Rent a Tent who I'd recommend as reliable and reasonable.

Electrical power out side is something to keep in mind but not difficult. The venue has two outside sockets which we ran a bouncy castle off and the bar (using a very long extension bought from B&Q). Also for outside food. If set up near the small barn in the caught yard they can run electricity of a socket in that barn.

The two sockets are enough for limited current draw but are not enough to supply lots of power hungry equipment that DJ's and bands use. Hence why I was told I needed to hire a generator.

Really? I've never been told that and have DJd many times at this location on the two double sockets that are in the top corner of the room without any problems.

EDIT - Can't comment on being outside in a marquee. Sorry, didn' t read that you were outside until after I posted.

Quite surprised that a couple of extension cables from one of the main buildings can't be run out to a marquee though. It's not as though you'd be in the middle of a field miles from anywhere. Rules are rules though...

The two sockets are enough for limited current draw but are not enough to supply lots of power hungry equipment that DJ's and bands use. Hence why I was told I needed to hire a generator.

I'd agree for bands definitely. Bands have far too much equipment (good bands anyway that use correct gear) for two sockets, unless no lights or anything are used, then it's just about possible.

Archived