Wedding at Wood Lane

Quite surprised that a couple of extension cables from one of the main buildings can't be run out to a marquee though. It's not as though you'd be in the middle of a field miles from anywhere. Rules are rules though...

Strictly speaking it's against regulations. Elf an safe tee innit mate :D

What surprises me is that they sell themselves as an exclusive Wedding venue but can't be bothered to sort out a distro to power a marquee. A decent electrician would be able to sort them out with a proper ceeform supply that they could run out when needed.

Instead I had to mess about hiring in a huge generator. It was super-silenced so you couldn't hear it when the band got going or when I was playing but it was still sat there looking ugly on a trailer next to the marquee.

• 4 months later...

Have your disco inside and let the marquee be the quiet area. I have sent you a pm.

I know a local business that bakes all their own bread, pastry and cakes etc if you are intersted in them for catering. They also make wedding cakes and chocolates. Its a couple who run an old fashioned tea room, he is a qualified baker and she is a chocolatier and wedding cake maker. They are on facebook but don't have a website. pm me if you want their contact details.

Many thanks for your advice and reccommendantions!

Chez2 thanks for your message, unfortunately i'm not allowed to send a PM as i've not posted enough items! Your service sounds wonderful and would have been considered however I did arrange the catering a while ago. We are having an italian/yorkshire theme - italian cuisine using local produce. I'm doing the anti pasti boards with the help of Bragazzis on Abbeydale Road and then PJ taste are doing the main and desert. the evening buffet will be a rustic affair with cheeses and meats, terrines, pickles, piccalilli and chutneys that I have maturing in a corner and so on.

Been feeding the bottom cake layer, and have a design in mind! Although could go horribly wrong for such a novice!

Dine in a marquee? It might be a bit cold in March, but heating could perhaps be arranged? It would solve the problem of turning the room round for the evening do after the meal too, although the caterers should offer this service anyway.

90 in the Grain Loft will be a squeeze, but doable. Ask them for seating plans. They have different layouts to accommodate different amounts of guests. Long rows with a ‘top table’ is probably your best bet. A picture of this layout is on their facebook page.

We had our wedding reception there. 90 would be too many in my opinion - will you have space for mingling or will everyone just sit down when they arrive? We had 80 and I wouldn't have wanted more... though maybe long tables make 90 possible, I don't know. If you want any photos of what we did or have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Archived