Bad taste

Arrested for being a scum bag, which is about time, but he was officially arrested for being offensive to the dead. Comments such as 'So a pair of coppers got killed who gives a ****?' got him in trouble

Oh and you spell it "come", not your way.

So you mean unless you care about these coppers getting killed then you cant have an opinion?

Or if you do have an opinion it must only be a possitive one?

Comunist China anyone?

What if i said i dont care they were killed?

By your reconing ill be arrested.

Spose i should stock up on soap on a rope. Just in case.

Arrested for being a scum bag, which is about time, but he was officially arrested for being offensive to the dead. Comments such as 'So a pair of coppers got killed who gives a ****?' got him in trouble

Oh and you spell it "come", not your way.

Erm, bloody hell?

Spelling police or what:!!!

So you mean unless you care about these coppers getting killed then you cant have an opinion?

Comunist China anyone?

What was written on the page was and did cause public outrage and that is an offence under British law and the reason why the guy was arrested.

Not to mention the totally untrue statement the idiot made about the guy only defending himself against armed police officers. The guy is a prize ****-end and I hope he sits in the dock and wets his pants while he gets a nice little sentence at Her Majesties boarding house. He deserves it.

Comunist China anyone?

"Erm, bloody hell?

Spelling police or what:!!! "..:P:P:P:P:P

Whilst I agree the Facebook page was set up in extremely poor taste, I believe the actions of the authorities to be over the top. Similarly in the case of the person who Twittered on Tom Daley about his dad - distasteful yes, illegal (and I heard worthy of a police visit at 2.30 am - correct me if I'm wrong), hmm not sure about that one.

Once we start heading (or have we already started ?) down a road of what can and can't be said then where do we stop ? And, more importantly, who decides what can and cannot be said ?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - from Voltaire's biography.

Whilst I agree the Facebook page was set up in extremely poor taste, I believe the actions of the authorities to be over the top. Similarly in the case of the person who Twittered on Tom Daley about his dad - distasteful yes, illegal (and I heard worthy of a police visit at 2.30 am - correct me if I'm wrong), hmm not sure about that one.

Once we start heading (or have we already started ?) down a road of what can and can't be said then where do we stop ? And, more importantly, who decides what can and cannot be said ?

If the same people wrote the same messages in a letter to the target(s) of thier abuse, or printed it on posters outside the target(s) home, or handed it out as leaflets, nobody would be suprised when they got arrested for harrasment / libel / outraging public decency.

But for some reason, add in a bit of psuedo-anominity (i.e. while the general public don't know who you are, the authorities do), and suddenly people get surprised when you get arrested under the same laws.

We don't have laws like the American's granting the right to say what you want. People in this country are expected to be responsible and respectful with thier communications.

Archived