The young are giving less to charity these days.

This topic barely makes sense after a large portion of it appears to have been moderated away.

Lord knows what 'rule' the deleted comments were supposed to have broken.

Multiple accounts from the same user. Invariably agreeing and congratulating themselves on their own posts.

What's gone on? There were some very sensible comments about the salaries paid to some staff working for charities, that has to influence those on limited incomes giving their hard-earned, when some who work for charities are on 6 figure salaries.

I didn't see those.

But this is what I was getting at with AWOL. There's nothing that I can find to know whether this has always been the case with some charities; it must be the case that different charities pay different amounts to certain staff, and have always done.

'These days' though (;)) as in internet years, the information is there for people to use.

This frustrates me about information - people want and even demand information, then don't know what to do with it. It's the same with politics, the information about scams etc becomes available and instead of being thankful that we have this information, people just throw tantrums. Use it! (not you smithy, just people in general)

What's gone on? There were some very sensible comments about the salaries paid to some staff working for charities, that has to influence those on limited incomes giving their hard-earned, when some who work for charities are on 6 figure salaries.

how much should people who work for charities be paid?

some charities are huge organisations and they need proper full time professional management and that costs.

I think most young people have probably realised that a lot of that charity money doesn't even get to who its supposed to help and see it as a con. Perhaps they are now more aware of politics and question just why we have charities in this day and age.

The larger charities seem to operate as large businesses that tend to drain a lot of that charitable money into their own organisation. They pay very good wages and the top people get almost the same pay, pension and conditions as some top executives.

If chuggers can be paid £8+ per hour plus bonuses for every one they sign up to the con then it gets to be about money and not charity.

Unfortunately some reasonable posts quoted other posts which were removed for a valid reason. It follows that the string which either quoted or answered them had to go.

So what was wrong with my answer to post 13 that warranted it's removal and the subsequent question and answer, none of which contained anything out of order??

Archived