Pakistan Government declares "special day of love"

taxman

No one is asking that you pander to Islam its about offending a certain group of people.

Remember the poppy burning incident, the people for who were offended by this were in uproar, I'm sure it led to a mosque or something being targeted.:roll:

Heres the link to the mosque that was targeted= http://suite101.com/article/midlands-mosque-vandalised-on-remembrance-day-a396642

What gave these people the right to target the mosque?

Yes but you and I both know that it wouldn't be Christians in this country who targetted the mosque, it would have been racist groups justifying their hateful actions to themselves by using the poppy incident as an excuse. Do you think there are similarities with what is happening elsewhere? I can wholly understand that there is a lot of ill feeling towards the West, and people wish to express this.

A poster mentioned the Catholics and Protestants fighting when someone referred to Christianity as a religion of peace. That's the same, religion is used just as an 'excuse' to hide behind, and it's a bad one, in my opinion, because EVERY religion promotes peace and condemns hurting and killing.

The point I was making was that it is not true that only 12 year old girls visit Pakistan. 12 year old girld going to get married form a miniscule percentage of visitors to Pakistan.
I understand you wanting to persuade people to your opinion, but don't you think that your anxiety to do has just led you into a really bad taste and reprehensible comment?

12 yr old (British) girls going anywhere to get married should be condemned, shouldn't it? Or doesn't it matter to you because they're Muslims? Bad attitude, fella, very bad attitude.

I understand you wanting to persuade people to your opinion, but don't you think that your anxiety to do has just led you into a really bad taste and reprehensible comment?

12 yr old (British) girls going anywhere to get married should be condemned, shouldn't it? Or doesn't it matter to you because they're Muslims? Bad attitude, fella, very bad attitude.

Of course; it's obviously a bad thing. Don't accuse of 'bad attitude' just because I haven't explicitly condemned it. What I was taking issue with was the incredibly lazy and poorly framed arguments put forward - i.e. that every vistor to pakistan is a 12 yr old on her way to get married - or that some extremist in a video is speaking for everyone.

Of course; it's obviously a bad thing. Don't accuse of 'bad attitude' just because I haven't explicitly condemned it. What I was taking issue with was the incredibly lazy and poorly framed arguments put forward - i.e. that every vistor to pakistan is a 12 yr old on her way to get married - or that some extremist in a video is speaking for everyone.
If you're going to comment on something that's illegal and immoral, you should be explicitly condemning it at the time you make the comment.

You're often having a go at other people for generalising or expressing opinions contrary to yours, but you seem to think you should be excused when you do it yourself. Why is that?

In the interests of being even handed why did you not challenge the poster who made the sensational claim that everyone visiting Pakistan is a 12 year old going to marry a cousin? Or do you believe it's true?

Archived