Tory Chief Whip 'Plebgate' Thread

So what we've actually heard is the officers side of events, which will of course be painting officer ****** in glowing light, omitting the bits where PC ***** acted like a jumped up jobsworth with the cocky holier than thou smugness which only years of active police duty can bestow upon a man.

From Andrew's point of view: bad day at the office, stressed out, jsut want to have a nice cycle home to clear the head only to be confronted by PC smug with his "oh no sir you can't come through here, but i'll open the other gate for you" whilst doing the cocky head wobble with the "ha got one up on you you little tory c*nt" smile on his face.

Yes, he was wrong to be drawn into a confrontation with the officer but I have no doubt the officer made the situation worse than it need be with his attitude.

So what we've actually heard is the officers side of events, which will of course be painting officer ****** in glowing light, omitting the bits where PC ***** acted like a jumped up jobsworth with the cocky holier than thou smugness which only years of active police duty can bestow upon a man.

From Andrew's point of view: bad day at the office, stressed out, jsut want to have a nice cycle home to clear the head only to be confronted by PC smug with his "oh no sir you can't come through here, but i'll open the other gate for you" whilst doing the cocky head wobble with the "ha got one up on you you little tory c*nt" smile on his face.

Yes, he was wrong to be drawn into a confrontation with the officer but I have no doubt the officer made the situation worse than it need be with his attitude.

May I respectfully suggest that you check all the facts before posting.

The rules regarding access to Downing Street are in the link I posted. The officers were only following orders and procedures practiced on a daily basis for years. Mr. Mitchell thought he was "big" enough to be exempt from the rules that everyone else has followed without complaint.

He even tried it on again the very next day and was met with exactly the same response by different officers. On this occasion he accepted without responding like a posh upper class twit.

Do you still want to defend him?

The problem with your post is it was all made up based on a fairy tale that you were there. The only one's that used foul language is the MP and you. Says a lot really.

The main attention that should be noted from this episode is why has this country had to resort to barring the access to Downing Street and needing police officers permanently on guard there.

What has happened to society and why ?

That's actually a very good question. I think the gates went up during the troubles in Northern Ireland owing to the likes of the IRA.

With the advent of the war on terror the area around Downing Street is full of counter-terrorism stuff.

To be honest I dislike the fact that Downing Street has gates on it as it serves to keep the people who run the country further away from the rest of the population. However, security concerns being as they are those gates are not going to be torn down any time soon.

The main attention that should be noted from this episode is why has this country had to resort to barring the access to Downing Street and needing police officers permanently on guard there.

What has happened to society and why ?

Society has always had the need for the police, society from a legal perspective will always need protecting from itself. The issue with security at Downing St is just an extension of it. Why do we need Police stations?

Society has always had the need for the police, society from a legal perspective will always need protecting from itself. The issue with security at Downing St is just an extension of it. Why do we need Police stations?

But my point is why has this security had to be increased to such a level, even to the extent of shops having metal shutters over their windows at night.

Notice the changes in the way the police dress at one time they wore a smart tunic and their truncheon and handcuffs were kept out of sight now it is the opposite.

Why has society changed so dramatically ?

This is more important than who said what to who.

But my point is why has this security had to be increased to such a level, even to the extent of shops having metal shutters over their windows at night.

Notice the changes in the way the police dress at one time they wore a smart tunic and their truncheon and handcuffs were kept out of sight now it is the opposite.

Why has society changed so dramatically ?

This is more important than who said what to who.

It is but its not the topic of discussion. What you are proposing is a discussion on the complexities of social order:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_order

which in itself is breathtakingly endless if not conclusive.

You could start a new topic though of which I'll gladly get in the mix.;)