Tory Chief Whip 'Plebgate' Thread

Good, these guys are in a position of great importance. What else could they or do they hear on a daily basis. To sell the information to the press is a total breach of trust and probably the official secrets act!

Better hush everything up then, so nobody knows. This latest installment is just that of revenge i.e. I'm more powerful than you, don't mess with me ... and all that rubbish.

Better hush everything up then, so nobody knows. This latest installment is just that of revenge i.e. I'm more powerful than you, don't mess with me ... and all that rubbish.

So you think that those charged with the protection of our government should be allowed to sell on to the media anything they hear?

So you think that those charged with the protection of our government should be allowed to sell on to the media anything they hear?

Do you think that those charged with the protection of our government, should expect to be abused by members of that government? Or do they deserve much more respect?

Maybe he should have stayed quiet and arrested Mitchell.

Do you think that those charged with the protection of our government, should expect to be abused by members of that government? Or do they deserve much more respect?

hold on one second, the "abuse" was disputed.

---------- Post added 17-12-2012 at 13:29 ----------

Warts and all, Warts and all. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot.

So we should not have any state secrets?

hold on one second, the "abuse" was disputed

I thought that it was the words that were disputed, not the abuse.

A great many people deny things. Sometimes without foundation:)

Good, these guys are in a position of great importance. What else could they or do they hear on a daily basis. To sell the information to the press is a total breach of trust and probably the official secrets act!

Where people have been arrested as a spin off from the Jimmy Saville enquiries, some are named and some are not. I think 2 have not been, but the rest have. I wonder why it isn't consistent. Could it be that some have taken out injunctions to protect their name. Or could it be that none should be named, but some police have leaked the names of the juicier ones.

Also, when Harry Rednapp was arrested a year or so ago, the press were there in force. How did they know?

is there any proof the information was sold?

If officers can arrest people for being disrespectful to them, can I please do the same in reverse?

I'm thinking of the officer that called me a "F****** lefty pinko" in earshot of witnesses outside the City Hall. I can't see that's substantively different to what Mitchell was alleged to have said.