Tory Chief Whip 'Plebgate' Thread

The thing I find most disturbing about this entire saga is the statements made by the officers on duty that day. Each claims that the incident was witnessed by several members of the pubic who clearly did not exist.

It takes on a much more sinister note when before their account was made public another officer posing as one of these fictional beings comes forward as a witness and backs up their version of events perfectly.

I don't think this will end well.

You've said it there mate. Whose accounts? There have been several 'accounts' that say his logged actions are out of character.

The best description of Mitchell's track record over the past few years is that he's an abrasive character who has spent his time getting on the wrong side of a lot of people in his party, and that when he needed cash in the bank (i.e. goodwill and help from people who could save him) he had none.

He's an abrasive character, make no mistake about that.

---------- Post added 20-12-2012 at 22:36 ----------

The thing I find most disturbing about this entire saga is the statements made by the officers on duty that day. Each claims that the incident was witnessed by several members of the pubic who clearly did not exist.

It takes on a much more sinister note when before their account was made public another officer posing as one of these fictional beings comes forward as a witness and backs up their version of events perfectly.

I don't think this will end well.

Just been watching the CCTV footage. There is one member of the public who stops and takes a clear interest. Two walking past seem to slow and take an interest. There are also at least two figures dressed in dark who are just outside the main gate and inside the inner gate - were they police officers or civilian security staff (i.e. members of the public)? Those two clearly are present and stationary when the altercation is taking place, and very close to the event. A couple of other people walk past too. It wasn't exactly a crowd of shocked onlookers there are possibly enough members of the public there to make the account credible.

Watch the CCTV footage ;)

---------- Post added 20-12-2012 at 22:42 ----------

If he wasn't actually there and didn't witness the event at all then don't you see it as falsifying evidence? Or even worse, as a possible conspiracy with the other two bobbies?

The two police officers immediately emailed their account to quite a few people, including senior officers well up the command chain. They did it to cover themselves. From there the email could have leaked anywhere. It is very premature to suggest that the two officers colluded with the officer who sent the email to the deputy chief whip.

Edited by I1L2T3

The best description of Mitchell's track record over the past few years is that he's an abrasive character who has spent his time getting on the wrong side of a lot of people in his party, and that when he needed cash in the bank (i.e. goodwill and help from people who could save him) he had none.

What a ridiculous thing to claim, you've never met him, never spoken to him, but for your own politics, are latching onto character references which fit with your anti-Tory views, which is either naive or gullible.

Make your mind up. You said he had ambitions to be PM earlier.

What a ridiculous thing to claim, you've never met him, never spoken to him, but for your own politics, are latching onto character references which fit with your anti-Tory views, which is either naive or gullible.

I'm not claiming it. Do your self a quick google and find out why he's nicknamed 'thrasher'. It's not exactly a secret.

This'll get you started

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/profile-andrew-thrasher-mitchell-the-ruthless-disciplinarian-8218920.html

---------- Post added 20-12-2012 at 22:51 ----------

Make your mind up. You said he had ambitions to be PM earlier.

Yes I did. And he did have those ambitions. That's not exactly a secret either.