Tory Chief Whip 'Plebgate' Thread

We all know your game so don't start that one. Let's just try a very simple question.

If police officers saw Chuka Umunna or Sadiq Khan and said to one another "Lets stitch up the *******". Then fabricated a strory to discredit him. Found another off duty police officer to pose as a passer by to confirm the police version of events. Later when the polotician meets with senior police officers those officers deliberately lie to the waiting reporters about what was said. All this to force a politician out of office... Go on just tell us what your reaction would be?

Lets see if you can manage that without lying.

And no Mitchel is no friend or relative. I just don't like to think we have a police force that will deliberately conspire to frame an innocent person. This isn't just about 1 bent copper. This is about corruption to the very core.

Forgive me, but your one dimensional narrative isn't troubling me. The thread's about a politician who's been on the receiving end of some bad treatment by the police, that I would never endorse, however if a joke can be conceived at his expense then I'm happy to laugh at it because of his chosen occupation and the music hall nature of whole incident..Plebgate's hardly Watergate is it.

I never mentioned his colour, politics or whether he was prodigiously endowed, but to turn your point back on you, I wonder if it had been Khan or Ummuna (Ummuna I particularly detest by the way), you would have risen in such righteous indignation over a throw away comment.

Forgive me, but your one dimensional narrative isn't troubling me. The thread's about a politician who's been on the receiving end of some bad treatment by the police, that I would never endorse, however if a joke can be conceived at his expense then I'm happy to laugh at it because of his chosen occupation and the music hall nature of whole incident..Plebgate's hardly Watergate is it.

I never mentioned his colour, politics or whether he was prodigiously endowed, but to turn your point back on you, I wonder if it had been Khan or Ummuna (Ummuna I particularly detest by the way), you would have risen in such righteous indignation over a throw away comment.

So to translate that into English you have no answer to the question asked.

In my book politicians of all political (and racial) persuasions are fair game for ridicule and pillory, and I'm not defending the police, I've had much worse dealings with the metropolitan police than he's had.

So if an institutionally racist police force conspired to hound black/asian/muslim councillors and MPs out of office that wouldn't bother you one bit.

So if an institutionally racist police force conspired to hound black/asian/muslim councillors and MPs out of office that wouldn't bother you one bit.

We have an institutionally racist police force. That is a matter of public record. They've stitched up black people for decades.

What you are currently watching is a stand off between the controlling elite and the police. I don't trust either side, personally.

Mrs T had a much better plan. She paid the police well and expected loyalty. She got it too.

It would bother me as much as if a police force hounded any councillor or MP, what does their colour, race, religion have to do with it?

But that doesn't alter my view that all politicians are fair game for pillory-note that isn't quite the same as the police hounding them.

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 00:11 ----------

So to translate that into English you have no answer to the question asked.

I gave a three dimensional answer to your daft question.

Let's put it another way, it would be like me asking if you were only supporting Mitchell because the lies had been told by black officers, it would be a ridiculous and crass notion wouldn't it?

We have an institutionally racist police force.

No we don't.

That is a matter of public record.

Is suppose you're referring to that joke of a Macpherson report.

They've stitched up black people for decades.

Some of them have stitched up black people; white people find themselves stitched up by the police too.

It would bother me as much as if a police force hounded any councillor or MP, what does their colour, race, religion have to do with it?

But that doesn't alter my view that all politicians are fair game for pillory-note that isn't quite the same as the police hounding them.

You seem to be deliberately missing the point. There was clearly a conspiracy to hound a senior politician out of office. In a democracy doesn't that bother you?