Tory Chief Whip 'Plebgate' Thread

You seem to be deliberately missing the point. There was clearly a conspiracy to hound a senior politician out of office. In a democracy doesn't that bother you?

I'd answered your question before you'd asked it, but to be explicit, yes it does bother me.

The thread's about a politician who's been on the receiving end of some bad treatment by the police,
that I would never endorse.

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 15:48 ----------

Is suppose you're referring to that joke of a Macpherson report.

The Met did rather ****-up the Lawrence investigation though didn't they?

what amused me was an MP suggesting that the public's trust of the police may be under threat

i suppose if anyone is a good judge on how to lose public trust it would be an MP

The difference being the MPs put their house in order and all bar one of those caught fiddling their expenses went to jail. (the other escaped jail because of medical reasons) .There have been a few MPs sent to jail for perverting the course of justice too, which is what this case is about. It seems the chief constables of some forces aren't prepared to tackle the problem and would be content to let the offenders off scot free.

Its a tough choice, whose is telling the truth, the police or politicians :suspect:

Its not really as the meeting between the 3 senior police and Mitchel was recorded. When the police emerged they gave a totally false account of the meeting and corroborated each others story. Mitchel had the meeting recorded and then released the tapes to the press to prove he was being stitched up yet again.

Another policeman also claimed to have been a passer by and reported the incident to his MP giving word for word corroboration of the police version of events outside Downing Street. It was later proved he was in fact a serving officer who had been no where near Downing Street and had therefore lied in order to add to the smear.

A lot of egg on a lot of faces here; Ed Milliband made a big deal out of this at the pmq's after this incident happened. He owes Andrew Mitchell and apology, as does David Cameron for being too hasty getting rid of him like he did.

Edited by Hots on

A lot of egg on a lot of faces here; Ed Milliband made a big deal out of this at the pmq's after this incident happened. He owes Andrew Mitchell and apology, as dose David Cameron for being too hasty getting rid of him like he did.

Indeed they did. I think they all underestimated Michel and thought he would be an easy stitch up and would fade away having had his life ruined. He is proving to be another Lord McAlpine who has both the resources and intelligence to clear his name and I assume pursue those who bore false witness until justice is done. I think Michel will rejoin the cabinet and a lot will join the prison population or the dole queues.

Yes. As more evidence emerges, it grows increasingly likely that the entire exercise was a police attempt at anti-Conservative activity. Mr Mitchell's only error- which he admits- was to use offensive language in suggesting that he thought the police were **** there to help. All the rest, inc. the apparent covers-up by several police forces, is clearly motivated by politics.

I'd answered your question before you'd asked it, but to be explicit, yes it does bother me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyfriday View Post

The thread's about a politician who's been on the receiving end of some bad treatment by the police, that I would never endorse.

[/color]The Met did rather ****-up the Lawrence investigation though didn't they?

With due respect that is nothing but a load of flim flam. There is a major difference between condemning and not condoning. For example I'm sure the EDL didn't condone the knifing of Steven Lawrence. That's hardly the same as saying they condemn it.

So why not put your cards on the table and say you condemn the police conspiring to remove a minister from office if that's what you mean? If not we'll just assume you don't.

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 17:21 ----------

Yes. As more evidence emerges, it grows increasingly likely that the entire exercise was a police attempt at anti-Conservative activity. Mr Mitchell's only error- which he admits- was to use offensive language in suggesting that he thought the police were **** there to help. All the rest, inc. the apparent covers-up by several police forces, is clearly motivated by politics.

I'm assuming that these elected police commissioners might be considering the futures of some chief constables. The senior officers seem unable or unwilling to see there has been wrong doing here.

So the bad news is we may have a police force that is corrupt and rotten right through the ranks. But the good news is we might save a fortune from the index linked pensions of some bent coppers.

A lot of egg on a lot of faces here; Ed Milliband made a big deal out of this at the pmq's after this incident happened. He owes Andrew Mitchell and apology, as dose David Cameron for being too hasty getting rid of him like he did.

I thought he left by mutual consent,largely for a rude outburst.

If Mitchell can ever prove his version of events then many people will owe him an apology.

Can he prove it?