Tory Chief Whip 'Plebgate' Thread

You could be right, but it was obvious months ago that the scenario would try to be flipped in a revenge attack. As pointed out earlier, whether Mitchell called them plebs or not is largely immaterial in my opinion since it's not really that offensive and everyone has been called worse names than that before, I know I have. What is a bigger offence in my opinion and I'm sure yours will differ, is Mitchell's attitude towards people he consider below him.

People know what Mitchell's attitude is likely to be. I'm more concerned about police officers lying and conspiring to cover it up - they could easily do that with any of us with far more serious consequences.

You could be right, but it was obvious months ago that the scenario would try to be flipped in a revenge attack. As pointed out earlier, whether Mitchell called them plebs or not is largely immaterial in my opinion since it's not really that offensive and everyone has been called worse names than that before, I know I have. What is a bigger offence in my opinion and I'm sure yours will differ, is Mitchell's attitude towards people he consider below him.

Aren't you concerned at all about the police making up evidence?

What on earth are you talking about?. You are just propagating the lies put about by these few policemen. He didn't call them plebs. I know you want him to have done, but he didn't. He told the truth. He never said they were below him. You are obviously just trolling :roll:

And you think that's of greater concern than corruption in the police? How do you know what his attitude is to people since the only people who have reported it are the police and it appears on the face of it, being charitable they may have been a little less than entirely truthful...

You have a very strange set of priorities it seems.

And you think that's of greater concern than corruption in the police? How do you know what his attitude is to people since the only people who have reported it are the police and it appears on the face of it, being charitable they may have been a little less than entirely truthful...

You have a very strange set of priorities it seems.

Mecky's only priority is making a political broadcast on behalf of the Labour Party. That doesn't surprise me. What does is that he probably thinks he is making political capital by his ludicrous display.

The CPS are going ahead with a prosecution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25101706

Not enough evidence to nail the rest of the police so I suspect there are a few sighs of relief in their parts today.

"The Independent Police Complaints Commission says five police officers - all members of the elite Diplomatic Protection Group - will now face gross misconduct proceedings linked to the subsequent row, meaning they could lose their jobs."

Aren't you concerned at all about the police making up evidence?

No, can you prove that they did?

---------- Post added 26-11-2013 at 16:42 ----------

Mecky's only priority is making a political broadcast on behalf of the Labour Party. That doesn't surprise me. What does is that he probably thinks he is making political capital by his ludicrous display.

I didn't mention a poliitical statement, strange that you should though

No, can you prove that they did?

---------- Post added 26-11-2013 at 16:42 ----------

I didn't mention a poliitical statement, strange that you should though

Everything you say is a political statement Mecky - it shines through everything you say with a red hue....

The Met wants shutting down and splitting up. They have ideas well above their station as a political force.

Whatever misdemeanour Mitchell may have committed, it is as nothing to the breathtaking perfidy at all levels of the Met and the wider police force.

---------- Post added 26-11-2013 at 17:25 ----------

Mitchell will be suing for libel. The coppers will have to appear in the dock and give evidence under oath. That will be interesting.