Tory Chief Whip 'Plebgate' Thread

An attitude problem is a lot less serious than the powers a copper has to fit you up.

But it amounts to the same thing and generally results in some form of conflict. How do put seriousness on something, since peoples' opinions are likely to differ?

But it amounts to the same thing and generally results in some form of conflict. How do put seriousness on something, since peoples' opinions are likely to differ?

Being accused and possibly convicted of a crime you haven't done as opposed to errrrr nothing.

It's not been proved either way what's been said. Is anyone really bothered about being called plebian?

You certainly seemed very bothered about people being called that. However it seems more and more unlikley that it was ever said and the police case is unravelling very fast now.

Will be interesting if Mitchell ever gets to face them in court and ask them a few pertinent questions they cannot wriggle out of answering.

You've got to love this thread. All the government haters jumped on the band wagon making all sorts of accusations and calling Andrew Mitchell all sorts of names. Now that its coming out the police tried to fit up Andrew Mitchell, these people sink away, no mention of an apology or even that they were wrong. I suppose we shouldn't expect anything less from certain members of this forum.

You've got to love this thread. All the government haters jumped on the band wagon making all sorts of accusations and calling Andrew Mitchell all sorts of names. Now that its coming out the police tried to fit up Andrew Mitchell, these people sink away, no mention of an apology or even that they were wrong. I suppose we shouldn't expect anything less from certain members of this forum.

I think everybody's still in shock, that's why.

The ConDemNation coalition are gonna need the Police onboard in order to quell the resulting protests when the next round of public service cuts hit us plebeians, so we're all surprised that the ConDemNation coalition and the Police are at loggerheads so soon into the new Parliament.

'The Police' when used on this forum and elsewhere includes every Police officer in the country - its the cross they have to bear. If we judge every occupation by the worst we can find there's not much hope for anyone.

Mitchell was dropped by his own party like 'a hot potato'. Why was that?

Was it the authoritarian style of Cameron.

Was it that Mitchell had previous for being a 'flog 'em and shoot 'em' Tory, dating back to his school days and exposed in the Tory press in a back stabbing profile shortly after he was sacked. (what was his school nickname?).

I think it was a mixture of both these things. I think he did use the 'p' word as well as the admitted 'effin and jeffin'. I think his attitude was clear when referring to 'you people'.

If the Officers concerned committed offences they deserve to be prosecuted for it - but I don't think they made the whole thing up just because they were bored.

Being accused and possibly convicted of a crime you haven't done as opposed to errrrr nothing.

You missed out bent coppers who are prepared to lie and get others to lie in order to further a fit up. It seems those sort of things would only bother mecky if they didn't involve a a tory MP being fitted up.

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 17:21 ----------

I can't understand why this policeman is offering to resign, he should be sacked.

If he resigns he gets to keep his pension. Rotten to the core springs to mind.

Just imagine if he were offered a deal where he kept his pension in exchange for not spilling the beans on the whole rotten saga.