Tory Chief Whip 'Plebgate' Thread

You certainly seemed very bothered about people being called that. However it seems more and more unlikley that it was ever said and the police case is unravelling very fast now.

Will be interesting if Mitchell ever gets to face them in court and ask them a few pertinent questions they cannot wriggle out of answering.

Questions such as what?

You missed out bent coppers who are prepared to lie and get others to lie in order to further a fit up. It seems those sort of things would only bother mecky if they didn't involve a a tory MP being fitted up.

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 17:21 ----------

If he resigns he gets to keep his pension. Rotten to the core springs to mind.

Just imagine if he were offered a deal where he kept his pension in exchange for not spilling the beans on the whole rotten saga.

I never understood why a policeman's pension can stand or fall on what he does after he has already earned it. In a normal job, an employees pension, once earned, is his and cannot be taken off him later.

While ever this present system is in place, there is no incentive to get to the truth in any matter. It is easier to close ranks, allow those who are caught to resign, and carry on as before. If there was no fear of losing a pension, maybe officers would be more open when questioned. I'm not talking about this case, but a general comment on the principle of having pensions at risk.

Obelix - Quote:

........... However it seems more and more unlikley that it was ever said and the police case is unravelling very fast now.

I agree the Police case is unravelling.

But why is it more unlikey that it was ever said?

Mitchell has never said what he said. Why?

He has said - 'I did not use those words'

or the even more vague

'I did not use that form of words'.

Obelix - Quote:

........... However it seems more and more unlikley that it was ever said and the police case is unravelling very fast now.

or the even more vague

Yes he has. He said that he said "I thought you lot were here to ****ing help us" or words to that effect.

Obelix - Quote:

or the even more vague

Possibly because he cannot recall exactly what he did say - in the heat of an argument then it's difficult to remember. However it's probably quite easy to be able to state that you never said some words, simply because they are words that you never would use regardless of the circumstances. He has stated the gist of what he said more or less, just not the exact phrase.

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 02:31 ----------

Questions such as what?

I told you before, I'm not answering your questions until you answer all the ones you've wriggled out of over the years.

I told you before, I'm not answering your questions until you answer all the ones you've wriggled out of over the years.

Oh I see, you mean trying to dodge questions like such as what I put to you, of which this is just another fine example.

Oh I see, you mean trying to dodge questions like such as what I put to you, of which this is just another fine example.

The phrase glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind Mecky! You are legendary for not answering questions - have you come up with an answer to the school playing field sell off yet?

The phrase glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind Mecky! You are legendary for not answering questions - have you come up with an answer to the school playing field sell off yet?

Here's an hanky for you