Tory Chief Whip 'Plebgate' Thread

He'll appeal, don't worry about that

He's not by the sounds of it. He can't win this and he should have given this fight up 2 years ago.

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 19:23 ----------

Its not that the police involved could have conspired by actually lying is it? never happened before the police lying to a judge? overturned on appeal?

The judge specifically remarked on that and stated that the idea that the officers on the night had conspired against Mitchell was 'absurd'.

As we know the conspiracy came later and the people that conspired against Mitchell have been dealt with pretty well.

Its not that the police involved could have conspired by actually lying is it? never happened before the police lying to a judge? overturned on appeal?

Michael Fabricant isn't a policeman, he gave evidence. This is what he thinks:

Michael Fabricant, another former whip and fellow Conservative MP who gave evidence during the trial, told the BBC his colleague could have kept his job if he had apologised.

"If only he'd shown a little more humility at the time all this could have been avoided," Mr Fabricant said."

The arrogance and sense of entitlement displayed by some of our politicians speaks volumes about their attitudes towards the 'plebs' who put them in their positions.

I shouldn't worry too much about poor Mr Mitchell. He's reported to be earning £18,000 a day from his private sector part-time work as a consultant for offshore banking firms offering services to the super rich.

So that's alright then....

The arrogance and sense of entitlement displayed by some of our politicians speaks volumes about their attitudes towards the 'plebs' who put them in their positions.

I shouldn't worry too much about poor Mr Mitchell. He's reported to be earning £18,000 a day from his private sector part-time work as a consultant for offshore banking firms offering services to the super rich.

So that's alright then....

In which case the hardship fund I had started for him is hereby cancelled with immediate effect!

• 3 months later...
Guest sibon
And the saga goes on. Now PC Toby Rowland is suing Andrew Mitchell for £200,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27176975

I hope he loses and has to pay all his own legal and court costs.

Perhaps because hes a lying pig?

A scumbag who lied, lied then lied again and is now crying like a baby.

I hope he loses his savings, his house and his shirt :)

It seems that Mr Justice Warby doesn't agree with your assessment.

It turns out that the Tory MP was the liar after all.

Who'd have thunk that?