Drink before going out, going to pub about 10pm

More and more of my friends take a small bottle of sprirts in their bag to save money. At getting on for £5 for a single vodka/coke or malibu/coke it would cost £50 to get a bit tipsy. They save a fortune! I recommend it :hihi:

Call me tight if you like, but I begrudge paying for flat coke out of the bottom of a bottle, like is often served in the pub I'm referring to, for a quid!

More and more of my friends take a small bottle of sprirts in their bag to save money. At getting on for £5 for a single vodka/coke or malibu/coke it would cost £50 to get a bit tipsy. They save a fortune! I recommend it :hihi:

I remember women of my age doing exactly that 30 years ago. It always bugged me because 1) men just didn't carry bags and 2) men of the 70s & early 80s were only supposed to drink pints. Even the lager drinkers were looked down upon!

I've never gone as far as taking any out with me (Except in ski resorts during the day to add to hot chocolate or coffee).

It would certainly be cheaper if I were intending to drink G&T, it's often >£5 and that's not even for decent gin. Might be a bit suspicious buying just tonic water though...

I've never gone as far as taking any out with me (Except in ski resorts during the day to add to hot chocolate or coffee).

It would certainly be cheaper if I were intending to drink G&T, it's often >£5 and that's not even for decent gin. Might be a bit suspicious buying just tonic water though...

take your own tonic water as well.:hihi:

Archived