Drink before going out, going to pub about 10pm

It all seems like making a bit too much effort.

Indeed it is, why go to all this effort just to get drunk what is so good about drinking anyway?

You would probobly get a bigger laugh if you all pplayed the same game on xbox live and bought headsets

Indeed it is, why go to all this effort just to get drunk what is so good about drinking anyway?

You would probobly get a bigger laugh if you all pplayed the same game on xbox live and bought headsets

Yeah, I can see my wife and the wives of my friends really being into that :hihi:

There's a point to going out and there's also a point to staying in. I like it a house party (even a small one) just as much as going out, and it costs a lot less.

I have a G&T sometimes before going out generally because I'm ready and the wife isn't yet. I don't do it with the purpose of getting drunk, although the thought has crossed my mind that maybe I'll buy one less drink when out and so spend less.

In a ski resort it's nice to have a chocolat chaud au rum, but it's 4E for a splash of rum, or free if I carry it in a hip flash, so I do that, it's no different to taking sandwiches instead of paying 10E for a salad.

Thanks I think thats right, I knew it was something 'loading', but forgot the first bit.

Well you can't blame them with today's prices.

Only wanted to know as someone I know is doing this tonight, so wanted to rib them with this term.

No it isn't.

Preloading is drinking a load of booze before going clubbing. The prloading is often done in pubs, but more often involves a bottle of vodka on the bus into town. Once at the club you drink coke or water all night because the drinks are so dear. It is nothing to do with going to the pub.

I would imagine drinking prior to going to the pub is a bit daft. We go to the pub and then go round to someone's house for nightcaps. I can't honestly see any benefit in preloading before going to the pub, because you just go to the pub to have a few drinks with your mates.

You're wrong, it includes any instance of drinking before going out to somewhere where you would otherwise drink (where you still might drink)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=front%20loading

front loading

the act of drinking before going to a bar where the prices are higher

Home Secretary Theresa May said the proposal would not affect responsible pubs or drinkers. But she said that the plan was to stop people "pre-loading" on alcohol at home before they went out to the pub.

Me and a friend went to the Sheffield Tap last night. I have to say that, although it wasn't cheap, the selection and quality of beers was excellent. Also, we decided not to eat any tea until later, so ended up getting nicely inebriated on 3 strongish pints.

Also, if you're going for a day sesh, I'd recommend giving blood before going to the pub as a good money saver. And you go to bed feeling all smug.

You're wrong, it includes any instance of drinking before going out to somewhere where you would otherwise drink (where you still might drink)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=front%20loading

I always am wrong. How can I compete with the 40 year old plus Googalistas who have so much time time on their hands.

Why would anyone want to drink before going to the pub?

If as a result they sit there all night without drinking the same as their mates they are Tightwads.

If they get drunk before going to the pub because they can't drink enough during the time they are there they are Alcoholics.

Archived