Is there a market for selling original art locally?

Birds

(The title of this thread should have been - Is there a market for selling original art locally? too late to change it now though.)

Do people still appreciate traditional oil on canvas paintings of landscape scenery, and buy them?

Supposing someone created great pictures of local landscapes such as the Peak District or Rivelin etc, that were perhaps quirky or different in some way, or just ordinary but still spectacular, where/how would someone go about selling them?

(The title of this thread should have been - Is there a market for selling original art locally? too late to change it now though.)

Do people still appreciate traditional oil on canvas paintings of landscape scenery, and buy them?

Supposing someone created great pictures of local landscapes such as the Peak District or Rivelin etc, that were perhaps quirky or different in some way, or just ordinary but still spectacular, where/how would someone go about selling them?

I think that you may have hit upon an idea here. Local artists selling their stuff sounds interesting. You organise it and I shall come along. :)

I think that you may have hit upon an idea here. Local artists selling their stuff sounds interesting. You organise it and I shall come along. :)

I'm not ready yet, its just an idea floating around my head.

Driving on the Snake Pass the other day and looking out at the scenery made me want to drag out my oil paints again after a long time of not doing it.

I dont realistically expect to ever sell a painting, but I was just wondering about how I'd go about that.

Driving on the Snake Pass the other day and looking out at the scenery made me want to drag out my oil paints again after a long time of not doing it.

I dont realistically expect to ever sell a painting, but I was just wondering about how I'd go about that.

Hey, I really think that you have had a good idea. Get on with it!:)

I'd much rather by an original painting by an unknown artist, than buy some print that a million other people have got too. I just have to like the picture, and everyones tastes are different!

I would say yes there is a market for local paintings I sure know I would take the time to come and have a browse if you did set up.

I just think be realistic about what you hope to achieve because I sincerely believe there is a market for it I just don't believe it will make you insanely rich.

Archived