"He should resign" - lack of imagination

Come to think of it, Camerons' judgement's a bit dodgy when it comes to hiring the right person for the job, [not to mention his choice of friends].

Because of his poor reaction, Mitchell should go, and if it was found to have been a wind -up, so should the P.O.

Isn't a chief whip, only there to intimidate people in to towing the party line? How come all the surprise when he's a bully-boy outside of work too? I mean, if on the one hand, he gets paid to be a bully boy, and then on the other, he's reprimanded.

Isn't that sending mixed messages?

The reason they should resign isn't because it will take back what they did, obviously it won't, it's that they have shown themselves to be unfit for the office they hold and so they should relinquish it.

The police chief in question needs prosecuting.

People should only be prosecuted for the extreme cases of verbal abuse against police officers, which I doubt this was. This police officer should have just had a word with the guy and left it at that. This shouldn't have even been a news story in my view.

Isn't a chief whip, only there to intimidate people in to towing the party line? How come all the surprise when he's a bully-boy outside of work too? I mean, if on the one hand, he gets paid to be a bully boy, and then on the other, he's reprimanded.

Not really.

Lying about what he said, and denying he used the words "f*****g pleb" to a member of the police force isn't in the chief whip's job description.

He should be sacked. No ministers pension.

The job of a whip is to make sure as many MPs of his own party vote for party policy. The police officers aren't MPs.

No doubt the media will contact you for advice about the level of publicity they should give the next incident involving a Tory minister doing something stupid. They're really into censorship.

How exactly did this make the news in the first place, how did the media get to know about it?

There's usually a gang of them camped outside No.10

There were also other people present.

A gang of journos, spooks and police can't all be lying... can they?

Archived