Did Abba songs rhyme in Swedish?

The gay community latched on to ABBA which has given them a really camp image, that they will struggle to shake off-if they want to that is, I dont know.

Musically ABBA are very good; listen to the instrumentation on Money Money Money for instance.

you'll know it better like this:-

(sorry about the idiotic ads that now seem to plague Youtube)

(edit to add... PS:- Björn Ulvaeus wearing eyeshadow and eyeliner at 0.55 is quite scary, be warned! lol)

My god Bjorn is seriously scary!...Is it safe to come from underneath the desk yet?///Cringe!!

Have a listen and then let us know.:D

I suppose in a weird way they 'do' rhyme. But I struggle to detach myself from actually knowing the song, and comparing english.

But they were a world-wide phenomenon..What about Hungarian, or French, or Japanese?...I can't see it rhyming in all languages :huh:

..............I can't see it rhyming in all languages :huh:

Perhaps that is because you are thinking that a song is translated, literally, between languages.

If you translate those Swedish versions, you will see that the words are different to the English versions.

Songs get changed so that they can rhyme and fit the local idiom.

Perhaps that is because you are thinking that a song is translated, literally, between languages.

If you translate those Swedish versions, you will see that the words are different to the English versions.

So in effect, they're different songs (lyric wise), albeit the same music?

This is correct, but also it is worth considering that English is far harder to rhyme than many other languages.

For instance Spanish and Italian tend to have common endings, because of the way the verbs are conjugated, while the endings for nouns have to agree in the same sentence due to the gender.

Archived