Pakistani Minister offers reward for the murder of US citizens.

Dingus

Should Bilour be banned from this country for incitement to murder?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bilour be banned from this country for incitement to murder?

• Yes he should be prevented from coming here
    • No. He should be free to visit anytime he likes

Why would you believe what they say.

Well I was really responding to the posters who require some public condemnation from Muslims, the Muslim Council of Great Britain seems like a good place to start, I haven't commented on whether I believe the statement or not.

Whether you choose to believe is a matter for you, but I suspect those who choose to believe what the Pakistani minister says, yet disregard what the MCBG say probably aren't really interested in hearing any condemnation from Muslims or organisations which represent them.

Why would you believe what they say.

Right- a main UK body condemns the violent acts (not for the first time) and people like you are still not satisfied.

Just proves you and your ilk have nothing but hate for some groups- choosing to live a life like that is going to be a sad one- you will do nothing but complain and moan right to your grave.

Try to look at positives retep.

So you believe British Muslims concur with the view of this minster because you haven't heard them objecting to it?

Did you agree with the UK/US invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan? If you didn't did you take to the streets to denounce it?

You might be also interested in this press release from the 13th September on the Muslim Council of Great Britain website, I think it's erroneously called a 'press release' because bugger all members of the press chose to reproduce it:

http://www.mcb.org.uk/media/presstext.php?ann_id=501

Well now you come to mention it yes I did. Like many thousands of people in this country we petitioned wrote letters to newspapers and demonstrated on the streets. Perhaps you were too busy to have noticed it.

Perhaps this will jog your memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_against_the_Iraq_War

Beginning in 2002, and continuing after the 2003 invasion of Iraq, large-scale protests against the Iraq War were held in many cities worldwide, often coordinated to occur simultaneously around the world. After the biggest series of demonstrations, on February 15, 2003, New York Times writer Patrick Tyler claimed that they showed that there were two superpowers on the planet, the United States and worldwide public opinion.

These demonstrations against the war were mainly organized by anti-war organizations, many of whom had been formed in opposition to the invasion of Afghanistan. In some Arab countries demonstrations were organized by the state. Europe saw the biggest mobilization of protesters, including a rally of three million people in Rome, which is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the largest ever anti-war rally.

According to the French academic Dominique Reynié, between January 3 and April 12, 2003, 36 million people across the globe took part in almost 3,000 protests against the Iraq war.

But back to your post.So what am I supposed to notice in this so called press release. It doesn't even mention the death threat. Did you miss that too?

Well now you come to mention it yes I did. Like many thousands of people in this country we petitioned wrote letters to newspapers and demonstrated on the streets. Perhaps you were too busy to have noticed it.

I think you're fundamentally missing my point foxy lady, whether you choose to protest on the streets is a matter for you, but the fact I and millions of other British citizens didn't doesn't demonstrate that we were pro the war.

Good on you for taking to the streets, but I'd have something fairly robust to say to an Afghani or Iraqi who tried to claim I supported the campaigns in their countries because I didn't follow your example, yet you appear to believe we can draw similar conclusions about Muslims who havent protested over what the minister has said.

Having read the pres release it makes no mention of condemning anyone for offering a $100,000 bounty for the murder of the film maker, which after all is what this thread is about. So what do you want the world's press to reproduce? "MCB doesn't express concern over incitement to murder"

More significantly have you found on that website any support for what the Pakistani minister said or support for incitement to murder anyone?

I think you're fundamentally missing my point foxy lady, whether you choose to protest on the streets is a matter for you, but the fact I and millions of other British citizens didn't doesn't demonstrate that we were pro the war.

Good on you for taking to the streets, but I'd have something fairly robust to say to an Afghani or Iraqi who tried to claim I supported the campaigns in their countries because I didn't follow your example, yet you appear to believe we can draw similar conclusions about Muslims who havent protested over what the minister has said.

I'm not fundamentally missing anything. I was anwering the question that you threw in to try to justify the lack of condemnation of an incitement to murder. And yes the western world did turn out in their millions to say "NOT IN OUR NAME".

So as it was you that brought in this spurious comparison perhaps you could point us in the direction of a condenation from the MCB, because your last link contained no such thing.

Yes i do tend to contradict myself when it comes to the issue of free speech,but its a contradiction in terms anyway.

They're must be limits and restrictions,and we do not have total freedom of speech,nor should we,otherwise more people would abuse that right, to incite religious or racial hatred.We hear about examples of this quite often lately.

The only restriction I would put on free speech is that which threatens anyone with death something that the gangsta Pakistani minister feels free to use very liberally.

I would be more worried about a government that feels it has an obligation to impose restrictions on our thoughts put into words than say a bunch of mindless Klu Klux Klan members holding a meeting in the town square.

To try to impose such restrictions implies that we as people are as mindless as those who preach racial hatred and intolerance. To the governments way of thinking then we must be simpletons who are incapable of seeing their bigotry for what it really is and dismissing it completely from our thoughts

I'm not fundamentally missing anything. I was anwering the question that you threw in to try to justify the lack of condemnation of an incitement to murder. And yes the western world did turn out in their millions to say "NOT IN OUR NAME".

So as it was you that brought in this spurious comparison perhaps you could point us in the direction of a condenation from the MCB, because your last link contained no such thing.

..and my very simple point still stands.

You/me/we cannot make demands on anyone on how they should object or support a particular action or draw any conclusions from that action or inaction.

Many hundreds of thousands of British citizens may well have followed your example, but many millions didn't, myself included because that isn't something I would choose to do, however it doesn't make me any more of a supporter of those campaigns than you are, yet you maintain that in order to object I have to be visible in doing so or Im tacitly a supporter of the wars.

Depicted well in this music Video by System of a Down.

Count the numbers of people protesting.

Archived