What would Gods do if everyone stopped worshipping them?

AWOL

I dont think the Gods would care less, as ive never seen one. Do they hang around in God Bars, and drink pints of Holy Water? If I walked head first into a God, I wouldnt know him/her from Adam, so I would defo tell em I wasnt gonna bother worshipping them, as I didnt know them in the first place. Chances are, they wouldnt listen, because they never do when im sucking on my Lotto ticket on Sat night. And they are probably cyclists anyway.

I came across this piece on "God the jealous boyfriend" a while ago.

He;

Needs constant praise and makes you feel guilty for just being human.

Has severe jealousy issues.

Lets painful experiences happen to you that he could easily prevent, just to test your devotion to Him.

Claims credit for everything good in your life; claims nothing bad in your life comes from Him.

Threatens you with eternal torture if you ever leave Him.

Tells you that He loves you and you need Him.

And you are like the blind significant other.

You are highly defensive of Him from even the slightest criticism of His flaws.

You talk to Him every night, and He never responds yet still expects unwavering devotion.

So, christians, why would you enter a relationship with such a being?

Surely Gods are only Gods because they enjoy all the adoration? It appears to me that all Gods enjoy the aloofness of "godding" it over us inferior creation of theirs.

What would happen if everyone suddenly stopped worshipping them all at once and decided that they were all just a bunch of myths?

What would they do to get their own back?:loopy:

The same as they do now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing.

Religion gives God a bad name.

But I do believe people need a spiritual dimension to their lives, and the fact that they haven't is one of the great ills of our time.

Can you explain what you mean by a 'spiritual dimension' to their lives?

And can you explain why so many with a spiritual dimension in their lives, go around rioting & murdering when they feel insulted.

Archived