Big Society Charity Deathmatch!

Who would you vote for in a charity deathmatch?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in a charity deathmatch?

• Red Cross
    • Oxfam
    • Salvation Army
    • Greenpeace
    • Shelter
    • Cancer Reearch
    • NSPCC
    • Blind
    • RSPCA
    • Christian Aid
    • RSPB
    • Unicef
    • British Heart Foundation
    • QUIT
    • Disasters Emergency Committee
    • Royal British Legion
    • Age UK
    • Actionaid
    • WWF
    • Banardos
    • Children in Need
    • Alzheimers society
    • Multiple Schlerosis
    • I would not vote.
    • Other (please state)

Inequality up, poverty up. etc.

Many people in need of charity, enter the big society, enter the charity deathmatch.

Increasingly upon our high streets the charity deathmatch can be seen, and members of the public can vote accordingly.

People in need of charity must battle it out in the big society for a slice of the charity pie.

3 charities go head to head to determine which cause is the most worthy, and which cause is the least worthy.

It is happening in Waitrose, it is happening in ASDA, and even in the Bodyshop.

Customers are given a token and must vote for the charity they think is the most worthy cause.

How would you vote? (Normally charity deathmatches involve just 3 charities - but on this SF poll there will be a choice of many different charities to choose from)

What do you think of the charity deathmatches?

I usually put my Asda green discs in the container with the least number in already. All three causes that are there at the moment seem worthwhile.

In terms of donations, our main charity is the British Heart Foundation, then the NSPCC. We also pay every month into a local football group's draw. It gets kids playing football rather than just hanging about, and relies on local people for funding.

However, people can support charities in lots of ways, they don't have to give money. They can volunteer to do all sorts of things, especially if they don't have to work every day. I meet lots of retirees who do just that. ;) My beef with some of the charities is how much money gets taken to pay the top bods their large salaries long before a penny gets to those in need.

Archived