Moving to Manchester- Which borough ? Bury, Altrincham, Eccles

eccles isn't rough, it's just an ordinary crappy little town with superb transport to manc - I grew up there and it was as rough as jockey's knackers on saturday night back in the day when people came from miles around to drink there, it was rougher than but also much better,now the pubs are all closed or near to it, the shopping centre is depressing, like a post holocaust nightmare, but houses are cheap and the bright lights the 20 mins away by tram - sale, bury etc are OK but not connected in the same way - good luck

I would give the dump a wide berth.:cool:

If you can't be constructive Wednesday(do you only work one day per week?)

then why bother contributing?

Trust me Vaseline boy, Eccles is nothing to write home about, I still have family there. If you are moving to Manchester, take on board what some have said on here and go near to metro link/bus routes.

In a few years wythenshawe will be THE place, as it's near to motorways, huge hospital and on the doorstep of the airport. Housing's cheap too, but the metro won't be ready 'till 2016.

Gatley,Cheadle, or for a bit 'more excitement' Didsbury or Chorlton.

They are Manchester's equivalent of Ecclesall road/ Endcliffe park areas.

atb Mart

eccles isn't rough, it's just an ordinary crappy little town with superb transport to manc - I grew up there and it was as rough as jockey's knackers on saturday night back in the day when people came from miles around to drink there, it was rougher than but also much better,now the pubs are all closed or near to it, the shopping centre is depressing, like a post holocaust nightmare, but houses are cheap and the bright lights the 20 mins away by tram - sale, bury etc are OK but not connected in the same way - good luck

the pubs are shut because of the gang culture, nice local people intersperssed with naughty boys!

the pubs are shut because of the gang culture, nice local people intersperssed with naughty boys!

no it isn't - it's cos that many boozers just wasn't viable these days- people don't pub any more and those who do head ino town on the cheap, fast frequent tram.

eccles isn't full of gangstas - it's full of mancs drinking tins of stella at home.

Did you ever get out to Irlam -what a pub crawl that was Holts Boddies the lot!

:hihi:

no it isn't - it's cos that many boozers just wasn't viable these days- people don't pub any more and those who do head ino town on the cheap, fast frequent tram.

eccles isn't full of gangstas - it's full of mancs drinking tins of stella at home.

I like it!

Thanks guys, I have rented a lovely semi detached house in the Bury area of Manchester, countryside location and only 20 mins for a tram into the city centre and there is a bus stop 10 mins walk away that goes straight into the city centre, driving does not need to be an option here, the transport links are fab and a night bus everyday of the week from the city centre back to Bury. 24 hour party people indeed! Gonna mis you Sheffield, will be back soon in the mean time bring on the Manchester lifestyle !

Archived