Islamist Militia Ousted From Benghazi Bases

Lest hope the more moderate people in the Islamic world manage to oppose all Islamists groups that just seem intent on causing trouble for their people and the world.

Many Libyans have expressed outrage at the attack on the US consulate, which followed a protest triggered by an anti-Islam film made in America.

Hundreds of protesters angry over last week's killing of the US ambassador stormed the compounds of the Islamic extremist militias suspected of carrying out the attack.

Hundreds of men waving swords and even a meat cleaver chanting "Libya, Libya", "No more al Qaeda!" and "The blood we shed for freedom shall not go in vain!"

Other signs mourned the killing of the ambassador, reading: "The ambassador was Libya's friend" and "Libya lost a friend."

Lest hope the more moderate people in the Islamic world manage to oppose all Islamists groups that just seem intent on causing trouble for their people and the world.

Nonsense.

That's a load of cobblers, there aren't any 'moderate' Muslims, the two don't go hand in hand.

It says in their holy book that they must kill all none Muslims (preferably by beheading them) stone women to death and force them to wear the headscarf and use violence whenever possible to suppress the innocent.

At least that's what I gather reading Sheffield Forum.

What? You mean that's not a Muslim?

Actually Muslim means someone who submits to the will of Allah, the Quran is (according to Islam) the word of Allah, so a Muslim is someone who follows the Quran, as the Quran mentions none of the above (and actually contradicts all of it) then anyone who does the above is not a Muslim. They may identify themselves as Muslim, they may live in a country where the Islam is the main religion, but 'Muslim' isn't a static state, it's an action.

Following the teachings of someone who has their own interpretation of Islam (more often than not based on sunnah and hadith, and not the Quran, ie, the word of man not the word of God) and using that to justify violence against people does not make people Muslim.

Am I an apologist? No, if I believed in 'Islam' I would be a Muslim, but clearly the majority of the people on here who talk about 'Muslims' don't know there **** from their elbow, calling nutcases who fly planes into buildings Muslim is akin to saying a paedophile has normal sexual urges because they think it's normal.

So thankyou Mr Smith for posting a story that shows that most Muslims are not content with the rubbish that these extremists spout as being 'Islam', the truth is that the loudest (actually the loudest is wrong, it would be more correct to say those who get the most attention) and therefor those who influence impressionable Muslim youth and none Muslims alike as to what Islam is are about as close to being Muslim as Myra Hindley is to being the ideal mother.

Rant over, I await the backlash from the idiots, feel free to argue amongst yourselves as I'm taking my leave of this thread now as I have no wish to become embroiled in SF users usual anti Muslim stance.

Nonsense.

That's a load of cobblers, there aren't any 'moderate' Muslims, the two don't go hand in hand.

It says in their holy book that they must kill all none Muslims (preferably by beheading them) stone women to death and force them to wear the headscarf and use violence whenever possible to suppress the innocent.

At least that's what I gather reading Sheffield Forum.

What? You mean that's not a Muslim?

Actually Muslim means someone who submits to the will of Allah, the Quran is (according to Islam) the word of Allah, so a Muslim is someone who follows the Quran, as the Quran mentions none of the above (and actually contradicts all of it) then anyone who does the above is not a Muslim. They may identify themselves as Muslim, they may live in a country where the Islam is the main religion, but 'Muslim' isn't a static state, it's an action.

Following the teachings of someone who has their own interpretation of Islam (more often than not based on sunnah and hadith, and not the Quran, ie, the word of man not the word of God) and using that to justify violence against people does not make people Muslim.

Am I an apologist? No, if I believed in 'Islam' I would be a Muslim, but clearly the majority of the people on here who talk about 'Muslims' don't know there **** from their elbow, calling nutcases who fly planes into buildings Muslim is akin to saying a paedophile has normal sexual urges because they think it's normal.

So thankyou Mr Smith for posting a story that shows that most Muslims are not content with the rubbish that these extremists spout as being 'Islam', the truth is that the loudest (actually the loudest is wrong, it would be more correct to say those who get the most attention) and therefor those who influence impressionable Muslim youth and none Muslims alike as to what Islam is are about as close to being Muslim as Myra Hindley is to being the ideal mother.

Rant over, I await the backlash from the idiots, feel free to argue amongst yourselves as I'm taking my leave of this thread now as I have no wish to become embroiled in SF users usual anti Muslim stance.

So Muslims attacking other Muslims with swords and guns makes the first lot Muslim and the second lot not Muslims?:confused::confused::confused:

Really.

That's a first, you've called everyone who disagrees with you an idiot before anyone even disagreed with you, congratulations on being the most closed minded person on this thread.

Also, you're clearly wrong anyway, you are no authority on who is and who isn't a muslim. What right do you have to deny the self-designated identity of the 10s of thousands of muslims out there who support violence in the name of their religion?

Why couldn't you take this positive story as what it is instead of fitting it into your pre-existing prejudices and using it to have a rant?

Yes, of course there are.

Rant over, I await the backlash from the idiots, feel free to argue amongst yourselves as I'm taking my leave of this thread now as I have no wish to become embroiled in SF users usual anti Muslim stance

How very rude and ill mannered of you.

I assume you have been reading all the other anti-muslim threads.

Archived