The UK is a nation of 'plebs'.

Oh come on. Some people have intellect, energy and drive to succeed. Others are lazy and dim witted and struggle to get out of bed to sign on for their benefits - do you think it would remain divided equally for long?

It's not what you know but who you know....

My point is that people need access to land to create wealth in the first place. Land is merely a tool used to manipulate the lower classes, to manipulate the plebs and to extract from them the fruits of their labour.

So, tell me... how would you create wealth if you were given land?

"The plebs were the general body of free land-owning Roman citizens (as distinguished from slaves and the capite censi) in Ancient Rome..."

Plebiscite is an alternative word for referendum.

The Plebs vote - damn them!

Who would prefer people not to be plebs? Who would prefer them not to have a vote?

We can''t have plebs, you know - land-owners?

Disgusting.

So, tell me... how would you create wealth if you were given land?

Grow some crops and build a house. Keep some animals and scale up my brewing. I'd also be looking to manufacture chemicals for sale.

I would expect to pay a tax unto society for depriving them of the land. There is plenty of idle land.

Are you against food production?

Are you against housing?

Are you against alcohol production?

Are you against industry?

Grow some crops and build a house. Keep some animals and scale up my brewing. I'd also be looking to manufacture chemicals for sale.

I would expect to pay a tax unto society for depriving them of the land. There is plenty of idle land.

Are you against food production?

Are you against housing?

Are you against alcohol production?

Are you against industry?

Can you farm? Can you build? More importantly, can you do this on the scale required to make a living?

No, not on his own, but he will be clever enough to employ men who can.

So why does he not rent some land and make his riches? He doesn't have to own the land initially and he said he'd pay tax so he should be ok paying renting until he has made enough money to buy land.

As for the house, once he's made his riches, he can buy or build one.

Plebeian: Of lower social class, non landowner class, effectively a serf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19673697

In the UK today the majority of people own nothing, only the monarch 'owns' land. The majority of the housing stock is mortgaged, although a proportion of people do posses freehold tenure outright. With many forced to rent from the local authorities, housing associations and private landlords.

The majority of the UK are plebians. We are a nation of plebs.

Interestingly the government recently referred to cretins as plebs!

the truth will out

If you split up the entire wealth of England equally between everyone, within a generation it would be back to been distributed as it is now.....

Thats not "fair" or "right or wrong" - its just how life is

Based on some of our lottery winner, drug use, alcoholism and crime would also rise.

Archived